Let's talk tournament food.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Fall has fallen (at least in the early morning hours here in GA) and now that MS is over, TB is in full swing. 4 scheduled tournaments between now and mid-November. That's a lot of food to prepare, and honestly - I am just sick of my usual menu.

Can I ask for a few suggestions of what you typically bring to the park? What do you bring to share (with the girls and/or the families)?

I'll be making a chocolate chip pumpkin bread for this weekend (which is new for me) but beyond that I am stuck with the usual chex-mix, hard-boiled eggs, variety of fruits, cheese sticks, jar of peanut butter, etc....Of course I will continue to bring many of these staples, but I need some inspiration. Help a mamma and her girls out! :D

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
We like to do a potluck. DH will cook a pork shoulder overnight on the Big Green Egg, wrap it in foul and place in a cooler to stay warm. Everyone else brings the fixins: buns, slaw, baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad, dessert, etc.... A regular feast & all the other teams are jealous of our spread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 12, 2015
Sometimes I make chicken salad and bring crackers. I always bring lots of fruit since that's mostly what my kid will eat. Some quick and easy things like granola bars. Pasta salad sometimes.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Our go to tourney food for the pot luck is a taco salad. If you use the right chips and the right spice its gluten free (which my dd needs). Its got protein, carbs, and veggies all in one bowl.

Melon, ham, turkey, crackers are also staples.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Our go to tourney food for the pot luck is a taco salad. If you use the right chips and the right spice its gluten free (which my dd needs). Its got protein, carbs, and veggies all in one bowl.

Melon, ham, turkey, crackers are also staples.

I am going with gluten free pumpkin bread. Also, your note reminded me that walking tacos might be a hit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my usual is buy the walmart subs that they make the extra large supreme. then I put my own mayo and mustard on them and cut into 3" pieces and put in 1gal ziplock bags, of course seeds, and I love to have my chips of choice and I get a watermelon that I cube up and place in ziplocks also with mabey some grapes. at least that's my usual oh my G2's also gotta watch my figure :) ya right lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877