Lefties...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for the input! Since this is 10U rec, the # of walks are crazy. So, I want to be able to at least get the outs on the steals to 2nd or 3rd. So, I'm trying to shore up my left side. Last night, my pitchers walked almost everyone. It was SAD! So, if I cant get the outs on the steals, that would help. Heck! My 1st baseman only had to make one play last night. It was really pitiful. We lost 12-0... All of those got on base with walks. :-(

All kid-pitch at 10U Rec sucks...been there and done that. Learning to pitch is hard, and costs more money and additional time. By that age, most kids who can pitch are playing on tournament teams. The "no-walk" rule makes 10U Rec far more productive and fun for everyone.

That said, get yourself a pitching coach. There may be one on your local board. There are many who will help out a young Rec team for little or no money. Hire one to come out to a pitching-focused practice, and identify 2-3 kids who have potential. Front some money for their initial lessons, show the parents what can be, and then get them to pony up. It worked for me.

Feb 23, 2015
Texas
My starting pitcher is more experienced and is taking lessons from someone. My back-up/daughter is working with my cousin. She has only had about 5 or 6 lessons. Neither of them were throwing strikes last night. We play ASA, and they can walk them...all...game...long... Then, my knuckleheads were striking out, or getting out on bases. Overall, the team looked like poo last night. lol