Leaping issues...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2012
I have been through this recently with my DD.
Here is how we fix it. Place an item in front of rubber and in front of lead foot
That is about 3-4 inches high. Have her drive and pitch forcing the lead foot up and over item. I use the end of a cone as our item.
By forcing the lead foot up then out will put some of her weight on her drag toe and stop the leaping issue.
The drive should be up and out. This drill works for DD and we use it every session to reinforce the up and out move.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Thanks everyone for the suggestions... We worked on it yesterday inside and will continue until it is fixed permanently. Saw great improvement from two things:

1) The pitching into the mirror really helped show them what was going on. I think seeing it for themselves made them realize what they were fixing and helped focus them on the drills we were doing.

2) We found some great video of how the drag SHOULD look. In particular the first video of Amanda Scarborough at Girls Softball Fastpitch Softball Training Aid - Softball Power Drive. We then compared it to how they looked

I think this is something we are going to be able to fix quickly. We'll see how it looks outside today and with full pitch.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Fixed.

I am sure we will have to continue to work on making sure it stays fixed but she threw 5 innings over two games today and I don't think she leaped once.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207