Latest vid DD #2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
Posting a couple of vids. It is this time of year that we begin to get "out of "practice" as it is 30 degrees in the area and it is indoor work only. We unfortunately continue to work without a pitching coach but, we are at the same time very fortunate to get amazing feedback from the people here at DFP.

2 DD's, 2 very different styles.

dd # 2 what do you like/ dislike? Where would you work for improvement?

Thanks, Stick!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I would find away to bolt a 2x6x24 to the floor as a plate/rubber to push off of...& read "The Drive Mechanics Sticky". Have Fun !!! :cool:

May 22, 2012
She needs to open up with her entire body.

Doug, At one time it was suggested that Little DD was getting too open, and also not getting any hip rotation or forward momentum before release.
This is a vid from Spring, how would you compare to the one I just posted?

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
yes, thank you for that lhowser

Javasource has a nice explanation about this on the thread with Camille's dad. to paraphrase, your dd is leading with her stride foot not her stride knee, preferred that when her arm is at 6- her hip and knee should be flexed.

I can see the change from spring to fall in body position. IDK- but I like it better now, and think she is getting open. SHe could work on her front side resistance, I think she is leaking forward a bit. Her current body position should allow the aggressive drive forward but if she is not resisting she will not gain the benefit from it.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Short list of what I see as needing some tweaking...
1. hands need to be loading back as the forward drive is starting.
2. pivot/drive foot rotates prematurely and should stay on the ball with a bent knee rather than flat footed and straight leg.
3. drag foot looses contact
4. in order to pull effectively, she should have the same elbow flextion in the glove arm (palm up) as the ball side to sync up the bodys timing and abdominal flextion.
5. try to get a bit more upper body behind vertical at release to maximize the front side resistance.
6. shes using muscle to prevent her upper arm from extending forward post pitch (this additional muscle use will wear her down quicker on long tourney days)

Just my .02.... good luck, James

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd