Kudos to DFP re: Team Names (OT)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
A big shoutout to DFP for the inspiration behind my DS's basketball team name "The Skyscrapers Premiere Elite".

DS's middle school holds a March Madness basketball tournament every year, comprised of student formed teams. There was a team name discussion on DFP around this time last year, mostly concerning softball teams and the addition of an "elite" suffix. I mentioned that my DS's 7th grade basketball team, The Buildings, got knocked out in the semi's and were considering changing their name to the "Buildings Elite" to attract that much needed top talent for the uber competitive 8th grade division next year. Someone here suggested the name "Skyscrapers Premiere Elite". Laughing, I showed the post to DS, and wouldn't you know it, their team this year is indeed the Skyscrapers Premiere Elite, complete with their own 7th grade feeder team, The Buildings. The "'Scrapers" are proud to announce the addition of several top 8th grade players this year, but continue to fear their nemesis, "The Blue Devils Elite".

Thanks DFP, for keeping it real with your inspiration, laughs, and sage advice :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii