Just need to rant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
Hello, first post here and need to rant about today's games. First tournament of the season today(rain delayed and shortened) and I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Got run ruled first game mostly because of errors and out of position players. Simple popups to infield and ground balls misplayed. This is a 2nd year 12u team. One inning we had 4 errors that allowed 4 unearned runs to score. Another play, girl was able to score on a ground ball to 3rd. How? Third baseman overthrows first, no backup so 1st baseman has to run to fence and by this time runner is on her way to 3rd, so throw to 3rd is off line and again no backup allowing runner to jog home. Outfielders didn't move unless it was hit to them. We must of had 10 errors in the game. 2nd game we played better, come from behind win 4-3. Play at 8 in AM and hopefully not an early exit. Sorry about the rant but the wife doesn't understand and needed to get it off my chest. Now that I got my first post out of the way, I will have more to follow.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Are you ASA, NSA, PGF or USSSA, or rec league?

By the looks of game two you weren't over your heads or in the wrong division. Ugly games happen, glad game two was much better.

What age is your daughter?

Depending on the age, these games are more likely to occur.

Welcome to being a crazy softball parent.

May 26, 2013
We are a 12u B travel team under ASA. We play in a travel league plus play 3-4 tournaments a year. The 1st game was against a true tournament team. We lost 12-1 but like I said too many errors. probably 8 unearned runs. 2nd game was better, exciting game. Down 3 to1 bottom of 6th scored 3 to take a 4-3 lead and eventually won. DD caught 1st game and played SS 2nd. No errors but could of moved better behind the plate, let a couple of pitches in the dirt get past her. On one wild pitch (ball four) that got past her runner on 3rd scored but she threw out the runner who walked trying to stretch it to 2nd. Perfect strike to 2nd. She did not do so good hitting. Struck out 3 times in game one (hardly ever strikes out, good contact hitter). Better in 2nd game no strike outs and started the 3 run rally in the 2nd game with a base hit and scored.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1