Jennie Finch Camp Reviews?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD has never been to a Jenny Finch camp, but based on what I have read it is probably good for younger players, but if your DD is 14U or older, she is probably better off going to college camps of schools she may be interested in attending.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Do the girls know who Finch is, anymore? Or is it the parents that are telling them? The last real popular Olympian, Dot Richardson, wasn't a draw for too many years, after she retired.

After Jennie's popularity does out, what will Doug do? What is he, 55 ish?

My 13yo is a big JF fan. She learned of her from watching youtube 1st.

May 16, 2014
My daughter attended the Finch camp in Allen, Tx also. With my daughter being 8, I suppose I am not as experienced in this as you guys, but I thought it was great on several levels. I'll agree that it was very commercial. And I mostly ignored her dad, as it was clearly he was selling his windmill. Still, the experience was great for my DD and I thought it was worth the money.

The best part was Bustos. My husband is a smoozer, so he got in on the demonstration for our group and later got Bustos to give my DD some one on one attention. I think her tips were very solid and helpful to nuance what we were already trying to do. We've put some of the tips into practice this week and they have already helped improve my DD's swing. And Bustos was a hoot.

The other impactful sessions were the Jennie Finch pitching session and her speaking sessions. She has some great things to say about some hard aspects of the game. My DD has some confidence issues and a lot of what Jennie talked about was like it was directly pointed to her. We watch a lot of YouTube softball videos, so my DD knew who Jennie is and we enforced that the opportunity in this camp was like getting instruction from Babe Ruth and Nolan Ryan (not that she knows who those guys are). Then in the pitching session, Jennie paid really close attention to my girl, giving her tips and encouragement almost every time it was her turn to throw.

My DD has always been in love with the game, but I've never seen her so eager and inspired as she's been this week after the camp. I can't comment on whether or not it gives better skill training than other camps, but I think it's certainly a good experience for girls from an inspiration standpoint. I know it worked for mine.

Jan 25, 2011
Worked a Finch Bustos camp a few years back. I enjoyed Finch but for different reasons. I think we were drolling in the back ground. I have to agree I get more out of a Hillhouse pitching camp then Finch, but Bill doesn't have great legs! :D
come on SBFAMILY, don't hate on Bill because he is beautiful.;) my dd gets a kick when Bill tells her that.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Went to one in Michigan a few years ago. It was pitching focused. Hello Elbow city! Great experience for dd in meeting her childhood idol but as far as the pitching instruction.... not worth the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerard