Jennie Finch Camp Reviews?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The Jennie Finch camps are great for photo ops, a chance to get the young ones enthusiastic about softball, and to purchase t-shirts and other merchandise. But if you are seeking high quality instruction your money is much better spent elsewhere.

About Them

Awaiting genuis pills
Aug 30, 2011
Chicago Suburbs
The Jennie Finch camps are great for photo ops, a chance to get the young ones enthusiastic about softball, and to purchase t-shirts and other merchandise. But if you are seeking high quality instruction your money is much better spent elsewhere.

I definitely agree with the above statement. My DD did it last August and learned nothing when it came to pitching (although we learned a lot about the windmill from doug). Bustos was awesome, but with so many kids the hands-on gets lost and the information watered down. Came home with some great pictures, a tshirt, and an autographed poster...but not any more knowledge than she came in with.

May 7, 2014
If you're going for real good instruction, this camp is a waste of time. If you would like to meet and greet some Olympians, then it's worth it. Make sure you bring plenty of money with you. Merchandising galore.

Nov 15, 2013
Be glad your dd isn't a pitcher. That way you don't have to listen to Doug Finch, tell how everybody else is wrong and he is right. Big hello elbow fan Doug is. He never did explain why Jennie never threw hello elbow when she was playing.

I was about to post the same thing. Almost word for word. Arrogant, that man is. He's there to sell you his pitching gadgets.

The rest of the camp was pretty good. Crystl Bustos was there, along with some Chicago Bandits players, and DD really enjoyed their sessions.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Do the girls know who Finch is, anymore? Or is it the parents that are telling them? The last real popular Olympian, Dot Richardson, wasn't a draw for too many years, after she retired.

After Jennie's popularity does out, what will Doug do? What is he, 55 ish?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Worked a Finch Bustos camp a few years back. I enjoyed Finch but for different reasons. I think we were drolling in the back ground. I have to agree I get more out of a Hillhouse pitching camp then Finch, but Bill doesn't have great legs! :D

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Do the girls know who Finch is, anymore? Or is it the parents that are telling them? The last real popular Olympian, Dot Richardson, wasn't a draw for too many years, after she retired.

After Jennie's popularity does out, what will Doug do? What is he, 55 ish?

Dot is still trying draw on her past success. She is now the HC at Liberty University. Most players were not born when she won her medals. Fame in softball fades very swiftly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz