Injury? Not quite sure.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
I figured I'd update one last time! After many doctors visits, we came across the problem. I had torn my labrum, the tissue keeping the "ball and socket" together. This tear required surgery, which I had on the 28th of May, and am currently in the recovery/rehab stage. My surgeon suspected that the tear had been from overhand throwing and WAS NOT a recent injury, due to the amount of scar tissue built up. For now, I'm focusing on rehab and getting back to where I was, pre surgery. We are still unsure about a future softball career but we are praying. Thank you all for your help and input, as well as best wishes, it was all greatly appreciated! Kelly

Nov 29, 2009
Kelly,

Good luck with your rehab. One of my former players went through the same thing her soph year. She ended up being able to come back and play her Jr & Sr years in HS. There is hope. Listen to the doctors. Do your rehab work. And don't rush it. You need to use that shoulder for the 80+ years. :)

Hoping for the best for you.

SG

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ouch, that's tough news and not an easy rehab ahead of you. On the positive side, your posts suggest that you are an intelligent yound lady with a level of maturity beyond your age. I have no doubt that you have a succesful future ahead of you whether it involves softball or not. Good luck and here's to hoping that it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC