Informal Poll for Catchers What mitt do you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Here's the questions:

How old is your catcher? 11 & 12

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Mizuno Pro GXS92

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 10

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Nothing

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? This is it....

This is BY FAR the best value for money out there in catcher's mitts - you can get this glove for less than $60. I use it for catching my DD's pitching lessons and coaching as well. Things just sucks in balls. All our catchers in our organization use this glove (about 10-12 of them from 8U - 16U) - many I had to finally force their parents to buy them one so they would stop stealing mine.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
How old is your catcher? 18

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Vinci JCV-VM

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Nothing.

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? This mitt, monogrammed, in school colors, filled with cash.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD is eleven. Mizuno MVP GXS55 34". DD rates glove 9 out of 10. Wishes Velcro closure could be tighter (Small wrists). No dream glove yet, will probably buy a Mizuno Classic though. The 55 should get us til high school.

I know the GXS92 gets a lot of love, but the leather and padding in the 55 is superior to the 92. The 55 has the same deep H-web as the 92 and the ball really sticks. Also, got this glove new for $41 bucks on the auction site last winter.

Apr 3, 2011
Age 14

Brand and Model Vinci JVC-22
How well do they like the mitt? 10

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? N/A

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? This one

Dec 18, 2012
Brand and Model: Wilson A2000
How well do they like: 8--great mitt and seems like it will last forever
Change: Where the hand goes seems too small and takes a while to break in
Dream Mitt: Same mitt with bigger hand size that's easier to break in!

Sep 19, 2011
Here's the questions:

How old is your catcher? 13

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? NOKONA CM 275BF

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? NONE

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"?

How old is your catcher? 14

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Vinci JCV-22

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Nothing...well,maybe if she could use it to send and receive text messages.

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Anything Dad buys. One with enough padding so her hand doesn't sting.

Apr 1, 2010
Hi, Chaz. Fun poll!

How old is your catcher? 13

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Mizuno GXS92

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? The color

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Same mitt in red, white and navy blue to match her current team colors. Mom, however, expects that she may need something with better padding eventually.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
How old are your catchers? 14 and 11

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt do your catchers currently use? Vinci JCV-VM, Worth Liberty

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like their mitts? 9, 8

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? The Vinci is taking a loooong time breaking in. I know this is par for the course, but at this point I'm worried it won't be game-ready by April. The Worth is fine but has the opposite problem, a bit too "floppy" after a couple of years' use.

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? The Vinci with another six months' break-in time, in their respective team colors.

Oct 30, 2012
Ashburn, VA
How old is your catcher? 12

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Louisville Slugger 33-Inch TPS Fastpitch Valkyrie

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 8

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Wrist area is a little "tight". Would like the opening just a little bigger so it doesn't "pinch" her wrist

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Loves the Louisville Valkyrie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah