Indoor Tryouts.....fresh ideas?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I feel for you. We had one scrimmage yesterday before the snow came in. Our ladies fell apart because they focused on the cold and sleet. How much longer can you extend the tryouts?

I can extend as long as I really need to I guess. Although we will start our season the first week of March, with two scrimmages before that.
The other concern is this. a big chunk of my team will be gone for five days for a Choir Concert/Tour to Orlando, Florida. They will return on the Sunday before our first game (Thursday).
We were surprised with more snow overnight, and temperatures in the 'teens. School system had taken away our President's day (we were planning day-time tryouts), but now that is in doubt with the backroads very slick this morning. School policy is if weather cancels school, tryouts are canceled as well.

Yeah we had school today. It all melted by they afternoon yesterday. Well I wish you the best this season. I'm sure you don't have much to worry about. Adversity is what makes a team stronger :).

We did have school today. I had twenty-two 7th graders try out today. If I keep ten 8th graders I can probably keep twelve to thirteen 7th graders. Twenty of them are as good as any 7th graders that I have had in any given year. Not great, but good enough to keep.
Yeah I know, it is a good problem to have. but trying to practice with twenty four is a lot harder than practicing with fifteen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26