I'm a gear freak....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I LOVE buying softball gear! I see something I like, I buy it even when I don't need it... People think I'm nuts!
Contents of my kitbag as of yesterday...
2x bats- Demarini CF4 and Miken Freak NXT
1 full set catchers gear
3 pairs batting gloves
2 pairs cleats
But here's the big one... 7 gloves!
2x 12" fielders gloves
1x 12.5" fielders glove
1x 13" fielders glove
2x first base mitts
And for some reason unbeknown to me, a baseball catchers mitt.
All left handed mitts.

This is not including my umpire equipment as well.
All in all a total of about $2000.
I think I have a problem. Please tell me I'm not the only one?!?! :)

Jul 9, 2012
You are the only one. You are unique and have a real problem. I only carry three bats, two gloves, one mitt, a tee, and one of those tennis racket looking paddles. I obviously am normal. ;)

Oct 19, 2009
I would rather travel light. Every so often I have to shake down my girls' softball bags but it's usually NOT from excess gear but half drunk bottles of water and Gatorade.

If you like carrying all that stuff around I suppose if it's a problem it's yours. I just hope you know how to use it!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yep, you are totally alone.
I don't carry anymore than is necessary, anymore. There is just too much theft. (Now, if the garage is ever broken into......)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm not quite as bad as you but you are not alone. In my bag...Full set of catcher's gear, catchers mitt, 14 in fielders glove, 12.5 in fielders glove, a first base mitt, and 2 batting tees. In my car...Bucket w/ seat, 2.5 dozen balls for hitting, 1 dozen TCB balls (small ones), 1 dozen TCB wiffle balls, a dozen new Worth DreamSeam balls for pitching, a jugs net, a bowsnet and 8 bats in a variety of lengths, weights and materials. I won't even go into what's in my garage...;)

Mar 7, 2012
PA
hmm .. i blame coaching as being my problem my trunk on a given day has (thankfully I have gotten it down to a science on fitting it all in) :

2 fielding mitts
2 catchers mitts
1 set of catchers gear
2 sets throw down bases
3 pitchers mounds
3 strike zone home plates
1 bow net
2 buckets of balls
1 bucket of wiffle balls
1 portable tee
2 pair of cleats
1 pair of sneakers
1 radar gun
1 bag of conditioning equiptment (ladders, lateral resistors, hurdles, jump ropes, etc..)
tennis balls
2 bolt machine & 2 refill sleeves
cones
4 bats - rocketch, nanotech, easton syngery, demarini cf4

Jul 26, 2010
There are a lot of people who are more "collectors" then they are players.

This applies to athletes, musicians, gun enthusiasts, and nearly any other hobby. Nothing wrong with collecting, it's a free(ish) country and it's your money!

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom