I need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hank

Banned
Jun 30, 2016
Yes pretty much...very evident with the back shoulder...looks like rise ball spin and is usually high and out

Hank

Banned
Jun 30, 2016
Yes pretty much...very evident with the back shoulder...looks like rise ball spin and is usually high and out

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
How do you know there is a problem Hank? Have you noticed an issue with spin quality? spin rate? location? etc. You could be on a snipe hunt, without reviewing video it is impossible to tell what is going on.

Hank

Banned
Jun 30, 2016
The problem is the back shoulder dropping...throwing up hill.loss of speed after an injury...a habit she never had before. See photo

Jul 17, 2012
Hank...the purpose of the drill is to throw the ball downhill. If she's prematurely rotating her shoulders prior to release? If so, you've got some additional fish to fry. I will have my daughter replicate this in drill for you (and her) to get a visual of what it should look like. It's a very forced and mechanical exercise in drill so they feel the downhill throw.

Hank

Banned
Jun 30, 2016
Hank...the purpose of the drill is to throw the ball downhill. If she's prematurely rotating her shoulders prior to release? If so, you've got some additional fish to fry. I will have my daughter replicate this in drill for you (and her) to get a visual of what it should look like. It's a very forced and mechanical exercise in drill so they feel the downhill throw.

That would be awesome

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Bill Hillhouse talks about the drop in terms of release point. Maybe you and your DD can watch his video and a light will come on. Start at about 3:30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06