I hate it when.......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Chanting mocks the boundaries of good sportsmanship.

+1 on this. We have banned several chants from our dugout but unfortunately not all teams and parents play with class. We have actually had opposing parents leading some pretty vulgar chants before.

Dec 29, 2010
+1 on this. We have banned several chants from our dugout but unfortunately not all teams and parents play with class. We have actually had opposing parents leading some pretty vulgar chants before.[/QUO

Went a college game on sunday. Iona vs. Marist (ny). Iona bench was loud, not disrespectful, but loud. One player had 2 softballs and banging the top of plastic garbage can. Rhythmically leading the chants. my opinion, it doesnt bother

Chants are part of the game, what used to get me is when opposing bench is quiet and pitcher is about to release and they screech and wail like a banshee. Dd got use to it.

Aug 20, 2013
I hate it when we have late seeding games on Saturday and there is a team playing ahead of us that is up 18-1 and still pouring it on even after time has expired (Visitors). Show some class and step off the base if for no other reason than to get the game over with so the entire schedule doesn't get pushed back.

Sep 3, 2013
I hate it when parents take the fun out of it

we just played at diamond nation, met Jennie Finch and have over 500 pictures of smiling kids who lost some games - the kids dont care that they lost - they had the time of their life. that is until they get in the car with their parents ... and the parents kill the spark

i feel like they undo everything my coaching staff and i have worked so hard to build up

Apr 8, 2014
DFW TEXAS
I hate it when parents are living life through there DD, especially when you can see that the kid don't care one bit about activity they are doing..

I hate seeing/hearing "my daughter hit a home run last night" when it was error filled and would never have even been a double without the errors...

medicpelle

You are looking live.....
Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
Parents complaining about a heavy schedule and how their child needs a break then call and ask for permission to pick up with another team on the three off weekends we have.

Parents asking me which size bat is best suited for their DD then getting something completely different.

TD gives you an extra pool game and says it does not count for bracket seeding then changes their mind after PP is completed.

Umpires that misquote the rule book. Make a bad call fine...Don't try to explain the rule when you obviously don't know it.

Umpires that wait until right before the first pitch of an inning to clean home plate off.

Opposing coaches wearing jeans. Sorry if this is you but your not wrangling cattle on the softball field.

Seems to just be in travel baseball but coaches that wear a full uniform.

No paper towels in restrooms at the ball parks or anywhere for that matter.

Opposing coaches who have no clue how to properly and legibly fill out a line up card.

Opposing parents that quote rules from the stands and have no clue what the rule actually is.

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
I hate that my 12U 'C' team is about to face another 'A' level pitcher this weekend. I hate when the tourney director says; "well, we only had 7 teams and they wanted to play in the tourney". Ok, then play with 7 teams. I'd rather play one less game than have another 15-0 three inning loss. Or, I'd rather my players are out riding their bikes in the sunshine than take a beating.

Hey 18-0 team, congrats on getting another plastic trophy in the 'C' division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild