I don't know if it will last, but DD is on cloud nine today...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
That's something I've told DD. She got lucky to get the opportunity--no way to foresee she'd have this chance. BUT she has worked very hard the last few years to be a good catcher/ball player which put her into the position to be able to step up.

IMO do your best. You just never know what might happen.

One of my favorite historical figures was Louis Pasteur, who discovered chirality, came up with a treatment for rabies, and invented pasteurization for milk and beer. Here in Wisconsin, we know the importance of milk and beer. :)

Some of Pasteur's discoveries, such as chirality (left-handed and right-handed molecules), were the result of an enormous amount of good luck. Sometimes his good luck was absolutely mind-boggling.

Pasteur's response to critics who said he was merely lucky: "Chance favors the prepared mind".

Chance also favors the prepared ball player.

Best of luck to the little Dinosaur. May she make the best of her opportunities. Doing so will open the way to more "luck".

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
It is always awesome when a young athlete finally sees what the rewards can be for their hard work and determination.

Mine has had similar story with her pitching earlier this spring. She was always #1 on her JV team but once I took over TB team she moved down to #2 and even #3 on pitching....I just got some girls that had more control and better movement. Well she told me she was going to earn #1 this time. She has been in the yard pitching almost ever day since she got back from China 4 weeks ago. Her determination right now is off the chart - push ups, sit ups, kettle bells, running and pitching around 100 times a day (she does take off 2 days a week depending on tournaments). I caught for her last night and got nervous because of the velocity change in her pitches, cutting corners, drop balls and rise balls (also this rise screw ball thing she throws). She said she aims to be the varsity starting pitcher next year at her new school as a sophomore and 16U next spring.

Once it clicks on all cylinders - no matter the position it is awesome to watch the drive, skill and top it off they are having fun with their new level of confidence.

Apr 1, 2010
Ok, I have an update--the tryouts are over and DD did make the varsity team.

Now we're trying to sell cookie dough. Does anyone want some? LOL

Apr 11, 2012
congrats....and plenty to sell ourselves!!!!!...I am looking forward to my DD's last HS season....LSHS should be pretty good again, but tough to top last year's run....best of luck to PHS

Apr 1, 2010
congrats....and plenty to sell ourselves!!!!!...I am looking forward to my DD's last HS season....LSHS should be pretty good again, but tough to top last year's run....best of luck to PHS

Thanks, best of luck to you too! I bet these years will fly by and my DD's senior season will be here in a blink of an eye! Looks like PH plays LSWHS and LSNHS, but not LSHS...unless they happen to meet in a tournament somewhere.

DD went out selling in a couple of PH neighborhoods (while I lurked nearby) and we had some family members order multiple boxes--we've made our sales target. Whew!

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks, best of luck to you too! I bet these years will fly by and my DD's senior season will be here in a blink of an eye! Looks like PH plays LSWHS and LSNHS, but not LSHS...unless they happen to meet in a tournament somewhere.

DD went out selling in a couple of PH neighborhoods (while I lurked nearby) and we had some family members order multiple boxes--we've made our sales target. Whew!

looks like Park Hill South may get in the KC Metro top ten rankings next week....

Apr 1, 2010
PH South looks decent. They beat DD's PH team on Monday, but it turned into a close game, which is good--never want to get completely trashed by your local rival! South won by 1 in extra innings.

Now yesterday, when Park Hill played LS West, it was all tied up at 2-2 when I arrived, but it turned very bad and LSW beat PH way too easily. DD's still trying to hit her stride--had a ROE and a walk, and said she slid, "took out the catcher" and scored on a squeeze play.

I see that Lee's Summit is a juggernaut once again! ;-)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA