Howard........ This ones for you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
Howard thanks for all the advice over the years. Its been an honor and a privilege to learn and work with you and CB.

Duncan Named HL Newcomer of the Year; Five Crusaders Honored

Valpo's four First Team All-League honorees.
Related Links
Horizon League release
Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Valparaiso freshman designated player Brittany Duncan (Fairborn, Ohio/Fairborn) was named the Horizon League Newcomer of the Year and was joined on the All-League First Team by seniors Joylyn Ichiyama-Drewry (Torrance, Calif./Redondo Union), Alex Lagesse (Beecher, Ill./Beecher) and Jordan Rutkowski (Alden, N.Y./Alden), while redshirt sophomore Jessie Marinec (Alsip, Ill./Marist) was a Second Team selection as the league released its postseason awards on Tuesday.

Valpo’s four First Team All-League honorees were the most by any league school since Loyola placed four on the First Team in 2007, the year before the Crusaders joined the Horizon League. Duncan is the second Crusader to earn Newcomer of the Year accolades since Valpo joined the league in 2008, as senior Sara Strickland (Scottsdale, Ariz./Horizon) earned the honor in 2009.

Duncan received Newcomer of the Year accolades and also earned a spot on the First Team and the All-Newcomer Team after a remarkable rookie season.Twice named Horizon League player of the week. The freshman designated player hit .399 in the regular season with 12 doubles and nine home runs while driving in 50 runs, which surpassed Valpo’s previous single-season record and now ranks second in a single year in Crusader history. She also walked 25 times, giving her an on-base percentage of .492. Duncan especially stood out within Horizon League play, leading all league players with a .471 batting average and 31 RBIs.

Nationally Ranked against all other freshman at Division 1 Duncan,s regular season ended at.

5th in the Nation in Batting Average at .399

4th in Runs Batted in at 50

8th in Slugging Percentage at .662

Oct 19, 2009
Congratulations to your daughter Tim, I saw where Valpo won the automatic bid by winning their division championship and will be in the NCAA Tournament for the first time and your daughter had a number of key hits to get them there.

Good luck to Valpo and your daughter.

That Howard guy and CB really know their stuff!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2009
Way to go B Dunc!!!! And you too Tim! What a great year. Best of luck to Brittany and her entire team in the post season.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Joke? Why a joke? Howard and Crystl both love it.

I thought it was a joke you telling Tim about this product when Tim works hitting stations with Howard and Crystl at clinics....

Seems like a good product, Howard gave me one to try and use with students and I bought a couple myself to have around. I always support anything Howard does.

Some girls have told me there finger slips off when they swing. Still working that out as to the why?
Soft verses hard???

My daughter like Tims daughter achieved the grip before this was invented. She uses the old style turbo slot gloves.

SL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207