How to fix elbows leading the hands at connection?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Bump, looking for video of how this works

You are bumping a thread that is 6+ years old. Wellphyt was already asked to respond, and punted. Seeing that he hasn't posted here in a while, and that he's already punted on answering the question, he likely won't respond now.

I've seen your hitters. They would benefit from learning a clean hand path. Perhaps this may help ... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/28444-swing-down-14.html#post397317.

Oct 27, 2015
You are bumping a thread that is 6+ years old. Wellphyt was already asked to respond, and punted. Seeing that he hasn't posted here in a while, and that he's already punted on answering the question, he likely won't respond now.

I've seen your hitters. They would benefit from learning a clean hand path. Perhaps this may help ... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/28444-swing-down-14.html#post397317.

Looking for help like this not for Wellphyt. Thanks.

I'm surprised you take the time to look at my hitters but appreciate the help and detailed instruction on how to help them.

Jun 20, 2016
I have seen a couple of internet hitting guys say that squeezing the top hand will cure bat drag? Has anyone experimented with this?

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
I think you're referencing what is called "casting" of the hands during the swing process. Yes, it's an epidemic that kids like to copycat ;).

A couple of drills to attack on a tee which will help promote a compact swing which is close to the core. It the process of rotation, the hands will be forced to stay inside and trail the relaxed bent elbows to contact point. A goal is to get great bat head whip through contact.

First, inside tee position, located front contact position. Second, place the tee close to a fence or wall, with just enough opposite side space to allow a bat barrel. Make sure your hitter remains constant in the box, making sure she is hitting from her normal batting position.

Chris

Jun 20, 2016
I think you're referencing what is called "casting" of the hands during the swing process. Yes, it's an epidemic that kids like to copycat ;).

A couple of drills to attack on a tee which will help promote a compact swing which is close to the core. It the process of rotation, the hands will be forced to stay inside and trail the relaxed bent elbows to contact point. A goal is to get great bat head whip through contact.

First, inside tee position, located front contact position. Second, place the tee close to a fence or wall, with just enough opposite side space to allow a bat barrel. Make sure your hitter remains constant in the box, making sure she is hitting from her normal batting position.

Chris

If I would have meant casting I would have said casting. I don't like your recommendations at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877