How long until the face mask rule is in effect?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I was talking to the director of NFCA yesterday and she said that they believe ASA will have an infield face gaurd rule within a couple years and is all for it. She felt girls should wear them at showcases etc... if they are more comfortable. DD still asked for a mouth gaurd and said she will probably stop using the mask:(

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I was talking to the director of NFCA yesterday and she said that they believe ASA will have an infield face gaurd rule within a couple years and is all for it. She felt girls should wear them at showcases etc... if they are more comfortable. DD still asked for a mouth gaurd and said she will probably stop using the mask:(

You would think these folks would learn from the past.

Apr 13, 2010
Last night DDs AC told her and his own DD that they need to stop using their masks if they want to be taken seriously. They're both 14 and will be mainly playing 18u tournaments. Makes me nervous as she plays 3rd base and hasn't played at that level yet.

So, the AC is going to pay for any reconstructive surgery if either kid needs it??

Unreal.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Softball - BlueHens.com - Delaware Athletics

I know this isn't one of the BIG schools, but check out the UD F4.

And from what I can gather, the UD coach is a hard-rear type of coach, so apparently, not all coaches are as anal as Stacey Nuveman on the issue of a defensive player wearing a mask.

Apr 11, 2012
Watched a Georgia Tech v. Georgia game yesterday on espn3.com. Georgia pitcher was wearing a face mask.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC