How do you find catchers??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I cannot catch DD any more...she needs the assistance of an experienced catcher. Even after catching her all this time, I still don't know what the heck to look for or how to help her or tell her what I see because I am too darned busy making sure I don't get hit in the face/chest/shins. We don't live near anyone on our team, and with all the lessons, school stuff, etc...it's hard to "meet" someone even half way as that would take minimum 2-3 hours of our time which we (or they) do not have. I will be putting the word out tonight at DD's hitting session with the 16U team to see if I can getting any takers...but other than that, has anyone offered anything to get them to meet you and catch your DD?

Yes, I am desperate (and so is DD).

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Contact training facilities. They might love to have a pitcher throw to their catchers or even some batting practice.

Mar 18, 2013
We have twin daughters.....one pitches and one catches. Works great!:D

I'm not sure how you will end up solving your problem, but in the end it will be worth it. When I used to catch my daughter she would tend to hold back. Didn't want to damage the old man. With her sister catching in full gear....no problem throwing hard with as much spin as she can muster. Plus, it's a little more like game conditions when they practice.

Funny I was just talking to my assistant about this if you really don't have any resources available sometimes the best you can do is let her get warmed up and then pitch for a few minutes then set your phone up beside her so you can video her for 5 minutes or so. Obvious problem with this method is you can't give instant feedback, either stop and start or have to wait until next day.

Another solution might be to see if you can get someone from the team to show up early to practice so they can catch while you watch. The one thing you can see pretty well at the more advanced levels is how well her movement pitches are working.

Mar 6, 2013
I have "ATEC Pro Pitchers Screen w/Stand". So no need to catch and you can focus on her mechanics from side . works great on indoors as well as outdoors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse