Hitting the high pitch - Suggestions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you can work with her on progressing her tee swing into swinging like that in a game...WOW!

Coaches and hitting instructors won't have the time to build the habits. Have her do the walk through with a tee, then change tee positions and heights. Then just tee, no walkthrough, change postion and heights. Then front toss the walkthrough drill. Then just front toss. Then live pitch or front "chuck it" from close with walkthrough and then just hit, high, low, inside, and out. Most important...call her on it whenever her swing deviates from the walkthrough above. Deviate a few times and go back to the tee. Do that 2-3 times a week, get that tee swing above into a game, and I want to be the first to post it in the model swings sticky.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
efs276.gif

Sprinkle in some seperation/stretch and I can say I know that girl on -insert college of your choice-.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
There are two things that DD's hitting coach taught her that has served her well in "hitting the high (rise) ball.

1) Recognize the pitch before it leaves the hand (easier with some pitchers than with others)
2) Lead with the elbow (his favorite saying with hitting is "Elbow, knob, hands")

R

RayR

Elbow knob hands is good for path....when emphasis is placed in flipping elbows (back drops and front elevates) not good...

There are two things that DD's hitting coach taught her that has served her well in "hitting the high (rise) ball.

1) Recognize the pitch before it leaves the hand (easier with some pitchers than with others)
2) Lead with the elbow (his favorite saying with hitting is "Elbow, knob, hands")

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC