Hip Snap/Shoulder-Hip Disassociation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
Instead, try pushing up on your left leg (all this is opposite for lefties) while at the same time you turn your right knee in and down and then forward. This should take all the weight off the right leg and move it forward - knee cap towards home like the still pictures. You should also feel your core engage.

Sync this turning of the right knee to the drop of the arm and snap of the ball. It should be a very loose and fluid movement. Try it first, yourself. Once you have the feel of it, you can then start to speed it up.

Sorry, that's the best I can do until I find the clip of Pauley doing it.

Thanks goosedad1, I truly appreciate your feedback, but I don't know if this will get us there.

What makes Luna's mechanic special is the overlap that is created when her scap pulls back against her rear leg that's turning her rear hip through. This is what creates the overlap. Driving the rear leg forward against a blocked front side won't result in overlap especially if the scap isn't pulling against it.

We are getting ready to head to a pitching workout. I'll try and spend a few minutes on this if we can. Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG