High speed camera

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2009
In case anyone is looking for a less expensive version of the Casio high speed cameras, they now sell a point and shoot variety. It's the EX FC-100 and I just found one for under $220 on amazon.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Just when I think that I am catching up to technology, I find out that I'm not. Gee, thanks cshilt. :)

I requested a "flip video" for Christmas, I'll report on it in January. But, it doesn't take still pics.

I just figured out how to hook my iPod up to my TV, to view my students on YouTube, though, so that's good.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Amy- I bought the kodak zi8 which is almost the same as the flip, but has much better reviews & will shoot 60 frames/sec as opposed to 30 fps for the flip.....gives you a lot better slow motion review. Maybe you have time to change your Christmas list???

May 13, 2008
I got mine yesterday, but she won't open it until Christmas. With any luck I'll get some footage of Bustos come January at a clinic I'm working at.

BTW, JC, if you're anywhere near Wexford, PA you might want to consider attending this clinic...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
My sister just got a new Niikon coolpix P-90 camera & brought it to our house to try out today. It takes bursts of 15 frames/sec. The bursts we took of my DD pitching were surprisingly clear. Something with more frames/sec would definitely be better if the pic quality was still good. My kodak zi8 video camera takes 60 frames/sec but the frame by frame review is much blurrier.

Dec 26, 2009
Does anyone have the casio exilim ex-fh20 and would be willing to post the full series of pics of a pitcher or batter? This camera has a 20x optical zoom and advertises it can take 40 fps at 7.1megapixels for pictures and 30-210 fps, 420 fps, and 1,000 fps for video (albeit video resolution drops off significantly at the 420 and 1,000 fps). The reviews I have seen commented on less than stellar color and barrel distortion issues and the fps and high speed video are excellent. Given that I wanted to get this to help with motion analysis, barrel distortion and color are not the top priorities, however I am just hoping they are not really bad.

Feb 6, 2009
This is my DD meagan today using the new Casio EX-FC100. I wish the snow would all melt away.
This was at 210 fps

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors