High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 was surprised to see me take her boyfriend aside right before her last game to talk to him. Lots of people in his extended family are dying, or getting diagnosed with cancer. I just wanted to give the guy some support in a difficult time. DD 3 has to deal with all sorts of teenage drama, but he is dealing with real life problems.

And yes, I know I have probably worn out the patience of some of you with my rants, but sometimes I need a space to vent, rather than yelling at coaches who may be doing the best they can.

Or not.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD 3 was surprised to see me take her boyfriend aside right before her last game to talk to him. Lots of people in his extended family are dying, or getting diagnosed with cancer. I just wanted to give the guy some support in a difficult time. DD 3 has to deal with all sorts of teenage drama, but he is dealing with real life problems.

And yes, I know I have probably worn out the patience of some of you with my rants, but sometimes I need a space to vent, rather than yelling at coaches who may be doing the best they can.

Or not.

Honestly, I enjoy the rants :) Generally speaking, the high school experience creates a great deal more drama in DD's life then her travel ball experience. Reading that other people are experiencing similar, and in many cases far worse experiences, is kind of comforting in a strange way... And as you have stated, in the grand scheme of things, much that is perceived as a problem is VERY minor when compared to real life problems.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
This past weekend we played two on Saturday. Our girls lost on 2/28 and then went through March undefeated. I guess spring break was still on their minds Saturday because they played terrible and lost the first two games of April.

Last night we faced the #1 team in the state in our classification and back to back state champs. They are also in our area and both of us came into the game 4-0 in area play with the final two games against each other. We ended up beating them and their D1 committed sophomore pitcher 3-1. We travel to their place Thursday. If we win we are area champs while a loss goes to a coin flip to determine the area tourney host. DD did her job and moved runners with ground balls and both ended up scoring. She got to add to her bruise collection during her third appearance taking an inside pitch off the triceps.

Mar 22, 2015
DD is waiting, not so patiently, for her HS career to get started.

Last year, while in the 7th grade, she set herself the goal to make the JV team. Here in NY, before a middle school player can tryout for the HS team they have to complete a screening process, the hardest part of which is a fitness test. They must pass 4 out of 5 elements of the old Presidential Fitness Test. After her volleyball season ended last fall, we joined a gym. DD worked out hard all winter, put on some muscle and got a little stronger.

She also worked hard in the cage. DD seems to have developed a new sense of self awareness at the plate. She is developing the ability to self diagnose her swing. Its been pretty interesting to watch. During front screen, she has been putting together long strings of well struck balls and her exit velocity is up a little from last summer. So, its been a good stretch of dedicated work on her game. She passed the fitness test and made the JV team.

The trouble is she hasn't played a game since Columbus Day. A ball player needs to play ball. She has had three games and scrimmages cancelled or postponed and it looks like the fourth one will be Friday. Next week is spring break, no games. DD is starting to go absolutely NUTS and she is taking the rest of us with her.

I just got the call from school. DD needs her uniform. Today's game is back on. WOOOOT!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
So weird how it works.
Monday it was raining, so they played. Not complaining. DD 3 pitched, and she is a real mudder. She has pitched in the rain twice within the past year, and both times won by run rule.
Yesterday it was bright and sunny, so they called the game for rain. Said the fields were too muddy.

I have been following this crappy situation and I feel for you, DD3 and anyone putting up with this garbage. None of it should have to happen to anyone.

-------------------------

You may want to stop reading :)

DD is having a great time in HS. Team is 13-6. We may get into a "Top 8 HS in the County tournament". Looking forward to senior night and districts

Beat a rather bad team today. Run ruled them early so DD only pitched a couple of innings before turning it over to our #2, but she got to play the field for the first time not as pitcher, playing 2B. Went 1-2 with 2 BB and a RBI....

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I know I haven't updated you guys in a while about our season. So here's at it.

We're in the middle of crazy week in our season. We're supposed to play something like 7 games in 6 days. Right now our record is 4-2 including our 8-2 win today.

I started at catcher today (my second time starting behind the plate this season, the fourth game I've played behind the plate). I went 2 of 3 at bat with a double and home run. I also had a sacrifice fly that advanced a runner from second to third that ultimately scored.

However the bad part of our season so far is we're getting severely bitten by the injury bug. Our starting third baseman is out with a sprained ankle, our senior pitcher is out with tendinitis in her shoulder, our senior catcher is out with muscle spasms in her back and our starting left fielder is out with tennis elbow and I guess is day to day. As far as my shin splints, it has good days and bad days. It still hurts but not like it did. The Nike cleats seems to be helping the injury plus I'm trying to keep it up as much as possible and doing PT on it.

Hoping all goes well the rest of this crazy week.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Mar 29, 2017
Loss for each team last night for JV and V. JV is now 0-2 and V is 0-3. DD played ok. Don't think she is really playing to the level she can because she feels the rest of the team doesn't really care if they win or lose and they aren't trying. Hard to be the only kid motivated. Gonna be a long season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877