High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Well the rain has got us this week too. Rain delay in the top of the ninth inning (2-2) against the perennial district champs. We will finish game before our next game with them in mid April. Rained out yesterday, next game Saturday against a team that beat the district champs the day after our 8+ inning rain delayed game. You're welcome, lol! A couple cool shots of DD from Monday.
IMG_2473.jpgIMG_2486.jpg

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We wrapped up district play tonight with a win over the #1 team. We will still finish #2 as we have an extra loss they don't have, but at least we know we can beat them. DD only gave up 4 hits and 2 earned runs. Great game.

We have totally over-achieved already this season.

Mar 29, 2017
0-2 start for V so far. JV is 0-1. Last nights games for JV and V were supposed to be wins according to coaches. To bad they have no clue what they are doing or how to foster any kind of team pride. Only one that really cared about the loss was my DD. After the V game was over, the other schools players came and watched the end of the game. Ours went home. The fields are right next to each other.

Been a member a while, just changed my name.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
Was supposed to have season opener yesterday. Coach has declared the varsity field as a new kiddie fishing pond. lol Worked out for DD great. She came home Tuesday with the flu and spent 2 days in bed. Not sure when they will actually get to start playing, no end to the rain in sight.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I have to tell you this one from a Coach's perspective. I had to take a day off to take my dad to the hospital and Doctor. My team knew what was going on and that the varsity coach would be coaching them. I am getting gas and a parent pulls up. We had storms all night. So, the parent asked if the games were called off. I mentioned that I am not at school due to taking my dad to ... but I would guess that the games are called off since we have had thunderstorms all night long. The parent then wants to know why we have not switched the games from the road to our place since our diamond takes water pretty well. I try to mention again that I have not been to school since I am taking my dad to ... Then, I think heck with it. I point to the darkest clouds you can imagine and say, I don't think we are playing here since it is about to pour on us again. The parent wants to know how long it would have to rain before we are rained out. I tell her I'm not at school since I have to take my dad ... Right then it opened up. I mean you could not hardly see your hand in front of your face and I am running to pay for the gas. I tell her, I think we are rained out. LOL

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
It turns out the JV coach really does have it in for DD 3.
Not a joke. I heard from other parents who were at the game.
The coach benched DD 3 almost half the game and put her at 1B instead of P or 3B.
Starting 1B had never played before. 3B was a great 1B but can't play 3B, made 6 errors.
They traveled 2 counties to lose 6-5 a game they should have easily won.

Now I know why everyone hates HS softball so much.
Oh man, that sucks that the coach has it out for your daughter, Bob. It also sucks that, when she had a chance to play, it was at a position she isn't familiar or comfortable with. I had a kinda similar situation last week when my coach asked me to play third. I said that it's been a long time since I played third but I'd try and see what I could do since our third was pulled because of a strained muscle. I committed two errors in the three innings I played but still had fun.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk