Help? 10U Coaching Needs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
hitting tees, index cards to write down practices, enough softballs to split up the OF, IF and P/C for practice, pop up nets and lots of patience! Good luck!!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You do not need anything more but the below will make your life easier. If you buy it your DD will use all the stuff as she grows up, except the pitching plates if she is not a pitcher. In order:

Cheap Cones
Some more cheap bases
Batting Tees - Tanner Baseball and Softball Batting Tee
Couple pitching plates
Hitting net - Amazon.com: Bow Net Baseball/Softball Big Mouth Portable Net: Sports & Outdoors
Dozen TCB Balls - Total Control Sports

I just stuck the webpages on here, I did not look for any deals.

Edit: Like Coachtucc said you will never have enough balls. Every time you see the equipment person tell them you need some more. :)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
First time coaching. My DD's will play on a 10U B team. My association will provide the basics. A few bats, bases, some extra gear and a bag of balls.

WHAT ELSE DOES A NEW COACH NEED?

Buckets .. Wiffle balls .. how many? .. what kind? Thanks.

Is this a travel team? Typically TB players will have their own bats. ...

Where will you be practicing? Does the facility have hitting cages, nets? If not, I'd want to have a hitting net and probably wiffle balls because you want to avoid the kind of hitting practice where 1 girls is hitting and 10 are shagging. That also requires more balls.

May 17, 2011
I would find something other than wiffle balls that is more durable. I've found they tend to split along the seam in short order after light usage. If you have to, watch Craigslist for used practice balls.

Dec 22, 2012
1st on the list. A 1st aid kit with some icepacks, find time to take a CPR class.

CPR Class for Assistant Coach because it may be YOU needing the CPR!!

This is coming from a guy that just made the move from 8U to 10U...

Feb 8, 2009
FWIWAfter coaching 10u for a while, I ve found it is better to use real balls to get the girls used to vibration on contact. I no longer use lighter balls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild