Have you heard of P90X? Would you let your 12U girl do it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2009
I just ordered P90X. For those of you who have not heard of it, it is a extreme workout program that you do at home to get in the best shape of your life in 90 days. You work out with resistance bands, dumbells etc. My daughter is a 12U pitcher and she watched the infomercial with me and wants to do the program really bad. I bought it for myself, but what do you think about girls as young as 12 doing this program, or really any hard core excercise program using weights????
Elizabeth

May 13, 2008
I know that StacieM from this site does it with her entire family. I'd love to hear her comments on the program.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
As an ex-powerlifter she should be fine with powerbands and LIGHT dumbells. The problem would come in with heavy weights. She is in her growth spurt, and the tendons and growth plates are stressed and weak. My DD has worked out with me for the last couple of years. Light weights, high reps = No problems.

Just remember to start her off slowly, she will be very sore for the first 7 days, depending on her present activity level.

I don't know about the nutrition ( diet ) side of P90X, or if there even is one, make sure she gets her vitamins through the proper food or supplements.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I've seen the infomercial also and it looks like a great program, but I wouldn't let her use heavy weights. Instead substitute lighter weights with higher reps, or body weight exercises such as push ups.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't see any problem in her trying it. But, it is difficult. Let us know if she sticks with it. Heck, let us know if you stick with it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan