Have to give credit where it is due

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Starsnuffer, you are being kind calling it arrogance. I'll call it ignorance. These coaches are taking the safe route. If the kid fails then it wasn't because the coach picked a 5'6" pitcher its because the kid didn't work hard enough.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Just found out the pitcher I watched from Newtown Rock had already given her verbal to U Conn. Congrats to her. I believe her name was Chelsae Eckert.

BTW- Her height is listed at 5'11"

Jan 20, 2011
Just found out the pitcher I watched from Newtown Rock had already given her verbal to U Conn. Congrats to her. I believe her name was Chelsae Eckert.

BTW- Her height is listed at 5'11"

Congrats indeed, Joe.

I still maintain that there IS a place for girls @ ALL levels regardless of size.

There are over 1500 D1 to Juco teams fielded each year. Softball has tons of average size kids in all positions at all levels.

Generalizing about coaches following a specific formula is not only not true (generally) but also counterproductive in setting unnecessary limitations.

I have been to tons of exposure tourneys over the last several years on both coasts and lots of places in between. Coaches gravitate toward a high skill at all positions. That's hard enough to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie