Hand Stacked over Elbow

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2008
FFS,
I too can post video as a example of hands stacked above the elbow as part of the swing. Also i talked to Dr yeager so please dont offend me and try to tell me what he was saying during his and i conversation. I also worked with Greg Jeffries ex New York mets all star and he said the same thing that Howard and Dr Yeager said about the swing. FFS maybe i didnt understand what they were saying or you know more about the conversations i had with each of them then i do. In any event i am done talking to you. I will take the advice from a ex MLB all star, a international hitting coach, and a professional hitting consaltant to MLB teams.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Eddie35 ... Doc has been very clear in what he considers 'stacked' ... and it was not what Howard and SL earlier demo'd. Doc has been extremely sharing with his information ... he knows to avoid what was demo'd.

Oct 25, 2009
Anyone on here who believes anyone on here is perfect is wrong!
Anyone on here who expects anyone on here to be perfect is wrong!

I haven't seen the video in question but what's the big deal if some video didn't perfectly explain or demonstrate what they really meant. I believe it has been clearly stated many times that 100% vertically stacked is not what they believe should happen. It's clear that the posters involved here are all experts, so there's really no reason to try to discredit anyone. That's not meant to be cheeky; it's obvious there is much to be learned from all.

Don't sweat the petty stuff; don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Oct 19, 2009
I like the reference point of the hand stacked over the elbow, we all can look at the same picture and see something different or we can find hitting sequences that show one way or the other.

The hand stacked IMO keeps the bat on plane longer, forever inch a hitter gains being on plane increases the likely success of the hitter. The hitter can be late or early and can still make contact and a foul ball with 2 strikes gives that hitter another opportunity for success.

I tried it myself before showing it to my daughter and some other kids and I’m convinced it works and improves a hitter consistency which improves batting average.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I like the reference point of the hand stacked over the elbow, we all can look at the same picture and see something different or we can find hitting sequences that show one way or the other.

The hand stacked IMO keeps the bat on plane longer, forever inch a hitter gains being on plane increases the likely success of the hitter. The hitter can be late or early and can still make contact and a foul ball with 2 strikes gives that hitter another opportunity for success.

I tried it myself before showing it to my daughter and some other kids and I’m convinced it works and improves a hitter consistency which improves batting average.

Very good point!!
Makes you turn alittle bit more. Not leaving some behind

Straightleg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
SL … the Hanson Principle is not applied to a single angle or orientation.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)
“Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
What Yeager, Wooten and some others advocate on this topic is what equates to having a pinched rear forearm-to-bicep ... starting as early as 'launch' and being carried through to what equates to as the "RVP connection point" position. Wooten refers to this as a "Power-Vee" ... as does Mankin. HI refers to the concept as a "tight Hand Pivot Point". I'd like to think that no one is recommending having the rear elbow significantly displaced from the body with an intent of having a near perfect rear forearm at the "RVP connection point" position.

117u5v8.gif

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
SL … the Hanson Principle is not applied to a single angle or orientation.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)
“Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson

FFS,

Sorry for the basic question, but who is Mark Hanson? I tried to Google him but can only find references to his "Principle" on hitting websites. There are several slightly different variations to his quote, but each are roughly the same idea.

It is a decent quote and I am not arguing the concept... I was just looking for some background on who Mark is (was?) and the context in which his "Principle" was developed.

Is he a real person? Can you please elaborate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad