GXS101 vs Vinci Fortus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
I will jump in late. Still think for the money, break in time, durability, look, performance, and customability. Worth Liberty FP33 is best overall. Has good weight and padding, can be handled by younger smaller catchers. Has padding to hand every level of pitching. Dual hinges allow for greater control of the glove and help with receiving mechanics.

My DD gets about 2 years of extremely heavy use out of a glove about 150 games plus practice per year. Just got her 4th one this week from her college coach to start breaking in for next year. She loves them.

picture 2.JPGPicture1.jpg

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Since we are leading into custom gloves... I have found that not everyone is aware that Vinci will replace the thumb logo medallion with a flag on custome orders. It's a neat option. :D

2015-11-07 15.46.02.jpg2015-11-07 15.57.58.jpg

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I will jump in late. Still think for the money, break in time, durability, look, performance, and customability. Worth Liberty FP33 is best overall. Has good weight and padding, can be handled by younger smaller catchers. Has padding to hand every level of pitching. Dual hinges allow for greater control of the glove and help with receiving mechanics.

My DD gets about 2 years of extremely heavy use out of a glove about 150 games plus practice per year. Just got her 4th one this week from her college coach to start breaking in for next year. She loves them.

View attachment 9451View attachment 9452

The Liberty is a very good choice, but the Vinci offers better padding and greater longevity IMO.

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
Went ahead and got the DD the Vinci for xmas. I was surprised that she was actually excited about the new mitt as she doesn't like to change equipment.
The breakin is going quicker than I expected. Went through the instructions and then had DD sit on bucket while I fed a few hundred balls through the pitching machine and she's doing OK with it. I think it will be game ready in a couple weeks.

Like to thank Casey (casedawg51) for the advice and very easy transaction. I think it's going to work out good for my DD.

001.jpg002.jpg

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
One of my 9 year olds has had her Fortus for 2 months now... Happy to report it has broken in nicely and she is receiving very well with it. This mitt softens well! ;)

share.jpgshare.jpg

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
I found an used 32.5" GXS101 mitt at our local used Sports Equipment shop. It appears to be in good condition. It is priced at $31.99. Is that a good value? Would it be good for a rec 8U team maybe 14u with a small hand catcher? When I played the league always provided a catchers mitt but I understand times have changed. Trying to help out were I can. I should have taken a picture but I was on my lunch break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors