Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
One doesn't simply pick a single Rush show. They're all great. I saw them on every tour from Hold Your Fire until their last show at MSG in 2015. I cried when Neil died. He was a man who took me on so many journeys with his drumming and his lyrics. I even used the Cygnus X1/Hemispheres songs as a basis for a paper I had to write in my Freshman year of college. The professor was impressed with my use of the name Rocinante for the ship.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So you guys here know me as the old man with too many gloves, and I happen to have a beautiful DD named Anna….

I guess with my diverticulitis post I opened my fly a little and revealed something personal about myself? Don’t know exactly why I shared that other than if it could possibly help someone else with the terrible experience I went through?

I know pattar & OsDad knows, and @Bonesaw definitely knows cause I went and watched his DD play in the NC Dixie State Tournament here in Cherryville a couple of weeks before surgery, and I struggled hard the morning I met him and his family, which BTW was my treat, great guy and great family!

Oh well, guess we’re all family, right?

May 27, 2013
To add to mine - if anyone has ever been to Waterloo Village in NJ back in the early/mid 90’s - they had some very memorable bands/shows there before they shut down the concert field. I used to work as an event parking lot attendant in HS and college and worked many shows there. The Allman Bros always put on amazing shows there, and DMB, Blues Traveler, and several others. They used to hold the HORDE fest there, as well as Lollapalooza. Nothing quite like being in a huge open field under the stars watching a show in the middle of nowhere. Used to work many concerts on Randalls Island in NY, too. Lots of great bands played there as well. Was lucky enough to get paid to see so many great shows!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not a big crowd person (never have been), so I avoid concerts :)

Im a sit out on a deck guy with a few friends and some beers...relaxing, talking and enjoying
the peaceful times as much as I can.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So you guys here know me as the old man with too many gloves, and I happen to have a beautiful DD named Anna….

I guess with my diverticulitis post I opened my fly a little and revealed something personal about myself? Don’t know exactly why I shared that other than if it could possibly help someone else with the terrible experience I went through?

I know pattar & OsDad knows, and @Bonesaw definitely knows cause I went and watched his DD play in the NC Dixie State Tournament here in Cherryville a couple of weeks before surgery, and I struggled hard the morning I met him and his family, which BTW was my treat, great guy and great family!

Oh well, guess we’re all family, right?
Its all good...if at our ages we cant handle some personal conversations. Im sure all of us have talked
about far worse things bud.
And you are right...if it helped somebody, thats even better.

On a side note, its also why I go see my doc more than I used to. I need to catch things before they are issues.
As I got older, it was time to stop the "man card" stuff and time to be safe

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
My fellow music fans, what's been the best concert you've been to? It may be because this was so recent for me, but, my fiance and I went at the end of August to see Rammstein play at Lincoln Financial Field. Had a blast at the show and we both got to meet Till Lindemann and the rest of the group at a local restaurant where we went after the show.

Not that it would be a "best concert", but I did see Wolfmother live back when they first got popular.

I don't go to a lot of concerts. I have a thing with big crowds.

My wife and I just saw Chris Stapleton a few weeks back. In terms of "flash", he doesn't do a whole lot....but that's because his guitar playing and singing takes care of everything. Really enjoyed that one. The opening acts were really fun as well.

I'm taking DD #2 to go see Garth Brooks in a couple weeks. She's HUGE into music and has never been to a concert yet. So, I figured Garth would be a good first one to go see.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't go to a lot of concerts. I have a thing with big crowds.

I'm taking DD #2 to go see Garth Brooks in a couple weeks. She's HUGE into music and has never been to a concert yet. So, I figured Garth would be a good first one to go see.
Another "not a big crowd" person...we need a club...hahaha.

I did do a Garth world tour concert a long time ago

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Another "not a big crowd" person...we need a club...hahaha.

I did do a Garth world tour concert a long time ago along.

Haha - Only if it's a small group!

Now and again is okay. But after an hour or two I want to leave. We're sitting GA for the Garth concert and it's at an outdoor amphitheater type setting...so that will help. Plus, I can't rob my music loving kid of a Garth Brooks concert.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Haha - Only if it's a small group!

Now and again is okay. But after an hour or two I want to leave. We're sitting GA for the Garth concert and it's at an outdoor amphitheater type setting...so that will help. Plus, I can't rob my music loving kid of a Garth Brooks concert.
Hahahaha, of course its small and held outside

But the Garth was awesome. Man, he stayed like an hour past the concert time and played all
kinds of other singers songs.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LINBAN01