Gorilla Grip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2010
SO CAL
I couldn't find any Gorilla Gold at some of the sporting good stores but I found some at a golf store. My sons want to try it instead of pine tar and my daughter wants to try it for her pitching lessons.

Aug 15, 2012
We're glad to hear that things worked out for you. It's so unfortunate it happened in the first place. I have a lot of respect for the umpire who admitted his mistake and made apologies. We get a lot of calls about the legality of Gorilla Gold. In addition to being approved for pitchers in ASA, Gorilla Gold is also approved by the NCAA, USSSA, ISC, and ISF. If you have any other questions or need our support, just let us know.

Aug 15, 2012
Gorilla Gold Grip Enhancer is a light, poly-blend towel impregnated with all-natural resins. The player controls the amount of tack by how lightly or heavily they touch the towel. For most pitchers, an occasional light touch is all it takes. One towel will last for weeks. You can find Gorilla Gold at more golf stores than sporting goods stores. It's carried by some Dick's (which owns Golf Galaxy). If you ask your local retailer to contact us at info@gorillagold.com, we'll make sure it gets into your store. Most online softball sales are done at www.softball.com or www.teamexpress.com. Let me know if you have any issues.

Sep 3, 2009
Pulling back up an old thread here since I picked up a couple of the gorilla gold towels for my daughter to try. She has a tournament this weekend which I believe is USSSA, but waiting on verification. Temps will be in the 40's.

Assuming the GG is legal under the tournament rules (ASA, USSSA etc), does the umpire have to be notified ahead of time that the pitcher is using the product? Secondly, does it have to be in a pocket or can it be tucked into the waistband and hanging out a little? Her uniform pants only have the small back pocket which would be kind of hard to work with I imagine.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What if you ask the ump specifically? "Does she need to keep her Gorilla Grip in her pocket or can it be in her waist band?"

I am unfamiliar with it. Can it be cut into smaller sections?

Jan 25, 2011
It is legal in USSSA as well. Mainly wondering how it is used, carried? See my questions in the previous post.

Thanks!
When my dd use it. She puts in the back of her waste band, but it still better to ask the ump,she will just grap it with her fingertips between pitches.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom