Good or bad etiquette?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
A team in a hurry to get their warm ups in during a tourney is not trying to disrespect you.

The 3rd team organizing themselves on the field to do warm-ups while the other team is collecting themselves is not the "disrespectful" part of this scenario. In fact, warming up in an efficient manner is most likely recommended to keep games on schedule.

The manner in which they put themselves on the field is the disrespectful part (to me). You now have 24-28 kids & coaches maneuvering in or out of one dugout. I would imagine a few of the kids packing up had a good mind to say "Um, can you wait?"

In fact...going through the dugout probably slowed the 3rd team down of getting out to the field. You either wait...or enter somewhere else.

I agree China...the parent was out of line.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The 3rd team organizing themselves on the field to do warm-ups while the other team is collecting themselves is not the "disrespectful" part of this scenario. In fact, warming up in an efficient manner is most likely recommended to keep games on schedule.

The manner in which they put themselves on the field is the disrespectful part (to me). You now have 24-28 kids & coaches maneuvering in or out of one dugout. I would imagine a few of the kids packing up had a good mind to say "Um, can you wait?"

In fact...going through the dugout probably slowed the 3rd team down of getting out to the field. You either wait...or enter somewhere else.

I agree China...the parent was out of line.

Thats not the scenario presented in the OP.

Scarecrow

Former Coach
May 7, 2008
Heartland of America
Preface: Since this is being considered a regional thing, I'm a stone's throw from KCPRK

Going thru the dugout during the handshake - bad etiquette
Going thru an OF gate during the handshake to shag fly balls - if you feel your team really need that extra 4 minutes.

That being said, if it's late Sunday afternoon and the schedule is already backed up an hour or more, any time you can cut out between games will probably make the TD happy (although it's still up to the umpires).

May 13, 2012
I have never been on a field where you have to go thru the dugout. All the fields around here have a gate at one end of and outside, usually the far end away from home plate to enter the field. When at fields using temp fencing we go out between innings towards end of game and warm up if there is no area around the field to do so. There are some fields here where there is no area to warm up off the field and 200 ft fence so we cant warm up until the preceding game is complete. So when that game ends we hustle thru gate and continue to outfield with bags and gear while the teams shake etc. for the "4 minutes to squeeze in some warm up".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole