Giving Players a Game Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
When DD was very young game balls were given out.
Since she started TB, she has received 2 game balls.
1st was given to her by umpire crew when she threw a
perfect game in the USSSA states semifinals. 2nd
game ball was given to her by her coach for her 1st OTF home run.

Game balls after every game? I am not a fan since generally
there are 3-4 players on most teams that would get most of the balls.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I give out game balls after every LL game. It is something I remember from LL and always thought that it was a great idea. I let the girls determine who gets the game ball each time, and they are surprisingly democratic. They make sure on their own that everyone gets one during the season, and state the reason why that player received it. It's nice to see the girls acknowledge the work put in by each player, and not just the few that stand out on the team.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Quincy, got a question, some reason I can't send you a PM, keeps knocking it out.

Do you know a baseball 17u team form Chicago named Top Teir? They should be extremely good as they have won many state and national titles over the past few years. Nephew plays them soon in pool, figured I'd ask.

I couldn't get off to go watch Nephew but it's massive exposed tourney, 256 teams just 17u. And I'm stuck here at home!! :mad:

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
No, I do not follow baseball, or softball, to closely.

A Parent on DD’s Team is a TB HC; since they are in our area I am sure he has faced them. I will ask when I see him.

256 Teams, I cannot even imagine how you run that. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
No, I do not follow baseball, or softball, to closely.

A Parent on DD’s Team is a TB HC; since they are in our area I am sure he has faced them. I will ask when I see him.

256 Teams, I cannot even imagine how you run that. :)

I'd be in hog Heaven watching all that pitching, I just couldn't swing it with work. "They claim it is the biggest college exposed tourney in America". My older brother, who is the pitching guru :), says they got some studs down there. College guns hitting 95 at 17u. My mouth is watering.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26