Gerri Ann Glasco

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Daughter of a very good friend of mine and has had success at every level she has played. Currently hitting .448 for Oregon.

I'm from GA where she played HS ball DD played against her once is where I saw her play in person in HS and I've seen her play for GA on TV. She is a talent IMO and hits the best college pitching pretty darn good, I posted the video from youtube that I found a few months ago, thought some may find it interesting.

I have read a few articles from some college coaches who promote back foot drag, DD has a little herself.

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
I don't think there is one parent on here that wouldn't mind having his/her daughter wearing a big D1 uniform and getting one less than optimal swing analyzed ;) I hope some day yall are ripping my .448 hitting/Oregon uni wearing daughter to shreds.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Daughter of a very good friend of mine and has had success at every level she has played. Currently hitting .448 for Oregon.

I thought this was a fairly innocuous post. Kind of surprised at the responses. Gerry reads this site and so, he can weigh in if he wants.

I made that post just before leaving for my kid's games this weekend in Chicago. She had a tough weekend. Team did awesome. After reading some of the responses, I would suggest that for some of you looking for those mechanics that the experts say are optimum, you might just coach your dd out of success. I believe I am correct in saying that Geri Ann came in to this year with 29 career home runs and in SEC play. Not bad. Would she have done better if some expert here had coached her? Who knows. Her dad is a hell of a hitting coach and he and I have talked hitting for a few years now. Would she have done worse with those proposed changes? Who knows. She is doing just fine now.

My child is the same way. Many here don't like her swing. I like it a lot but acknowledge that it could be better. Still, this weekend, she hit her 40th career home run and the 8th one for this year in 14 games. Those are things that most of you as parents have to think about a lot and then make decisions that could make or break the success of your child. Having been on these websites for a very long time, I could name those who's dd or son have found success or failure and some of you can too. Good luck on your journey.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Coach, what do you see between the 2-4 second mark? And I'm not talking about the upper body push...

ay93li.gif

Dec 11, 2010
The two best hitters from my local area (by far) both play D1 at one our state universities. One is a freshman, one is a junior. Both have "oddities" in their swing but are at the very top of their teams stats.

This spring they have played Florida, Oklahoma, Arizona State , Michigan and Washington so they are seeing some good pitchers.

There are a lot of softball hitters in my area that have prettier swings that are good hitters but will never perform at the level that these other two with "flaws" in their swings will. Not even close.

One of those two girls went to a small high school. She had a newly hired coach who is a very good coach but didn't know how well she performed in tb as he wasn't from the area. He wasn't going to move her up to varsity until he saw her doing soft toss on the field and she blasted about half of them over the centerfield fence. He tried her in the first game and that freshman season she led the area (not conference) in every offensive stat that matters and she ended up in the Illinois record books in the top 5 or 6 career hr's. But... Her swing looked...different.

I think Cannonball is right when he says good stuff can be coached out of players who are performing. Tough to know when to do it and when not to.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
I don't think there is one parent on here that wouldn't mind having his/her daughter wearing a big D1 uniform and getting one less than optimal swing analyzed ;) I hope some day yall are ripping my .448 hitting/Oregon uni wearing daughter to shreds.

If they rip your daughters swing and she is successful it just shows your doing something right.

Oct 19, 2009
Cannonball
I thought this was a fairly innocuous post. Kind of surprised at the responses. Gerry reads this site and so, he can weigh in if he wants.

I made that post just before leaving for my kid's games this weekend in Chicago. She had a tough weekend. Team did awesome. After reading some of the responses, I would suggest that for some of you looking for those mechanics that the experts say are optimum, you might just coach your dd out of success. I believe I am correct in saying that Geri Ann came in to this year with 29 career home runs and in SEC play. Not bad. Would she have done better if some expert here had coached her? Who knows. Her dad is a hell of a hitting coach and he and I have talked hitting for a few years now. Would she have done worse with those proposed changes? Who knows. She is doing just fine now.

My child is the same way. Many here don't like her swing. I like it a lot but acknowledge that it could be better. Still, this weekend, she hit her 40th career home run and the 8th one for this year in 14 games. Those are things that most of you as parents have to think about a lot and then make decisions that could make or break the success of your child. Having been on these websites for a very long time, I could name those who's dd or son have found success or failure and some of you can too. Good luck on your journey.

I have had the pleasure of meeting coach Glasco one time, he has produced some great hitters and he will produce more in the future.

He worked with my DD at a GA camp a few years ago, I felt he was a very knowledgeable hitting coach.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Absolutely no reason to argue success; however, for most of us when starting out, our DDs/players were a blank slate waiting to be molded. At that point the question is who to use as a swing (or other skill) model. Obviously, we want to pick someone who has a successful track record, but then most of us make the decision to pick someone with "ideal" rather than "unconventional" mechanics/style i.e., Bustos v. Glasco, Miggy v. Gary Sheffield, Mickelson v. Bubba Watson etc.