Gascoine's Off-Speed Curve

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hal,
I hope someday you'll figure this stuff out. Not just the basics of pitching, but maybe just a little respect and tact.

Best wishes,
Ken

The man calls me ignorant but I am not allowed to call him arrogant? I put the story of the referrals on this board. IT DIDNT LAST 30 MINUTES before the admins nuked it.

I used to speak very highly of Rich, then those parents told me how he was.

Others might drop to their knees, bow down towards an accomplished pitcher, shine their shoes, clean their floors or whatever. I wont do that.

Someone on this board recently said that some acted as if they were a softball 'God'. Thjere is only one GOD, and he aint him. The young lady in the video is obviously a good and strong pitcher. If Rich trained her, congrats to her and Rich.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
On another note . . . could someone GIF the slow-motion sliding catch between the 0:11 and 0:14 mark on the OP's video? I'd be thankful!
1.gif

Not all top college pitchers can succeed in the National Pro Fastpitch league.......this young lady had a great first season. She really has all the tools to be one of the best in the league for years.

Dec 20, 2012
Your response rev eals your arrogance. Your reputation preceeds you there as well as your accomplishments in the circle, I know. I made the mistake of referring a couple students to you when I stopped teaching in 2003. I heard all about it.

First off when did he mention his accomplishments in the circle??? Second, put up your resume as a PC to his and let the number and quality of kids throwing in D1 do the talking. You also make the mistake time after time of trying to push your book on this forum, and you hear all about it yet you still do it. Talk about arrogance, your tops there too.

Left Hook

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Wait........You mean this pitch made hitters look stupid WITHOUT "half wind-ups", "elbow flairs", "fairy-wave follow throughs", "circle pauses" and the rest of the crap someone wrote a book about???

16hw12r.gif

I guess that's what MOST people here have been saying every time we read about some of the rediculous suggestions regarding all of the "sneaky pitching tactics" I've listed above........

Effective pitchers don't need "gimmicks" to get hitters out..........Never have.........Never will............

ROFL...BM I thought you were not going to do this anymore?

Jul 17, 2012
The man calls me ignorant but I am not allowed to call him arrogant? I put the story of the referrals on this board. IT DIDNT LAST 30 MINUTES before the admins nuked it.

I used to speak very highly of Rich, then those parents told me how he was.

Others might drop to their knees, bow down towards an accomplished pitcher, shine their shoes, clean their floors or whatever. I wont do that.

Someone on this board recently said that some acted as if they were a softball 'God'. Thjere is only one GOD, and he aint him. The young lady in the video is obviously a good and strong pitcher. If Rich trained her, congrats to her and Rich.

Sluggers..can't you just Ban this moron? Reason could be Posting Under the Influence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red