Game Changer Question - Error on Foul Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
I am the scorekeeper for DD's travel team. We use game changer and love having access to the advanced stats. However, I am having trouble figuring out how to give an error on a foul pop up that is dropped. Anybody else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
There is no award, thus no error. No one gets on base and no one advances.

I stand corrected....

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
The failure to make an out prolongs the batters time at bat, thus an error.

14.21.1 An error is charged against any fielder for each misplay (that is, fielding, wild throws, missed catches on good throws) that prolongs the life of a batter (causes one or more pitches to be thrown) or a base runner or permits a base runner to advance. This includes a dropped foul ball (unless it was allowed to drop intentionally to prevent a base runner from advancing), whether or not the batter subsequently is put out.

Feb 12, 2014
There is no award, thus no error. No one gets on base and no one advances.

There absolutely is an award. The award is another pitch to the batter who would be out were it not for the error.

But, to get back to the original question, is there a way to indicate this error on Game Changer?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2014
Not sure if softball rules are the same but...

"If a fielder drops a routine foul fly ball, and the batter is subsequently retired, an error is charged even though the outcome is the same

An error is charged if a batter’s at bat is prolonged, regardless of what happens afterwards (*)

(*) the only exception is if an outfielder intentionally does not catch a foul fly to prevent a runner from tagging up at 3rd base and scoring

Interesting side note I read was that even though an error occurred the pitcher can still be credited with a perfect game assuming no one reached base because of the error

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2016
Ponchatoula, LA
6021b74fcffcb44251839288d9da3c31.jpg

Game changer does let you select foul ball+error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516