FSU vs. SF - Sara Nevins - Illegal pitch feast!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
I think this rule is too difficult for umpire to judge in real time. I see implementing video review if you want to consistently enforce this rule.

It really isn't a difficult rule to enforce. If both feet are in the air at the same time then it is an illegal pitch. Pretty simple.

Someone show me in the rules where you are allowed to break a rule as long as "you don't gain an advantage". So you can leave base early, just as long as you don't gain an advantage? You can be a slapper and step outside the box, just as long as you don't gain an advantage? You can use a rolled/shaved bat, just as long as you don't gain an advantage? I questioned an IP with a FU during a game of ours a couple of years ago. The FU replied, yes she is leaping but she isn't gaining an advantage. I then asked him if that quote was in the rules, and he looked confused. So I asked him again, you can leap 6" in the air just as long as you don't gain an advantage? He said "Well don't worry, they will call it when they play ASA State tournament or Nationals". So I asked him, "If it is illegal at ASA Nationals, isn't it illegal here then also"? He shook his head and walked away grumbling to himself.

Pitch legal, follow the rules and play softball correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad