front shoulder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2012
DD has been listing her frot shoulder at toe touch, been working to tyr and keep shoulders level.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ideally, we should see her front shoulder getting a little more "down and in" than she does in this swing. Aim for getting into an attack position with the front shoulder lower than the rear.
Miggy_060315.gif

That said, there's a lot going on in this swing that I like. Do you have any clips of her hitting a moving ball?

Jul 21, 2015
DD has been listing her frot shoulder at toe touch, been working to tyr and keep shoulders level.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/WTHugheswriter/videos/10208135989948287/?l=1553786017058086645[/video]

Why are you wanting her shoulders to be level?

Mar 29, 2012
hmm maybe level isnt the right word. I want her to stop lifting her front shoulder up when she plants. it is better here than it was before, her instructor has her doing drills going from toe touch to heel plant and driving front shoulder down. In fact when she stops and heal plant and holds it it's close to the image above, but when she goes full speed she still lifts the shoulder.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I want her to stop lifting her front shoulder up when she plants.
her instructor has her doing drills going from toe touch to heel plant and driving front shoulder down
In fact when she stops and heal plant and holds it it's close to the image above, but when she goes full speed she still lifts the shoulder.
This gif is to 'toe touch' not 'heal plant':
9uvpl5.gif

This gif is to 'toe touch'..front shoulder down and in:
Miggy_060315.gif

at 'heal plant' the front shoulder will raise as the rear shoulder will drop dependent on the pitch height.
The swing will drop the rear shoulder and raise the the front shoulder.
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45