FloSoftball Top 100

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
There are tons of websites, reporters and recruiters that make a living off college football and I bet their player rankings are 50/50 at best. In softball there are a limited number of people who have seen a limited number of teams, but they decided to start a ranking service because they found that parents of kids who are in their Top-100 are willing to pay monthly membership fees, so they can constantly check their DD's ranking....coaches of teams who are ranked in their Top-25 also tend to pay for membership.

Oct 2, 2015
Ah...capitalism at its finest.
Build it, and they will come...
If FloSoftball wants more subscribers, they could give free memberships, or at least incentives out to parents who post Instagram or Snapchat posts to FloSoftball in a certain geographic area. Or at a regional PGF showcase. Almost as if they were a roaming reporter on the beat for FloSoftball.

Does FloSoftball have something like that already?

Feb 24, 2012
That's all well and good but I had several players on my team last year that I would put up there against many of those and they would not only give them some serious competition but they could possibly beat them out of their spots. However, we are a small, relatively new organization, that doesnt go and play huge tournaments nor have the credibility of the largest organizations out there.

I have livestreamed the Nationals of many of the ABC organizations that provide it. I have seen many of these players play at the top levels and I have to say, I've seen better players both locally and ftom my team that could compete, if not beat them out of their spots. So the question still remains, how can this be truly subjective? Obviously it can't. There are far too many players out there that never have the chance to be truly evaluated and properly recruited due to kack of organization name recognition, lack of funding, lack of the recruiting process knowledge, etc. etc.

That is all great and maybe true. However, the original poster simply asked how the list was determained and I answered their question.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
Ah...capitalism at its finest.
Build it, and they will come...
If FloSoftball wants more subscribers, they could give free memberships, or at least incentives out to parents who post Instagram or Snapchat posts to FloSoftball in a certain geographic area. Or at a regional PGF showcase. Almost as if they were a roaming reporter on the beat for FloSoftball.

Does FloSoftball have something like that already?

Since I like to go to ASA and USSSA events I would never be deemed worthy of making a submission because the best girls play PGF.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I think some college coaches think this is gospel.

PGF Nationals certainly gets attention from a lot of college coaches, but not sure any of their other tournaments do....the field at PGF Nationals is probably stronger top to bottom than other nationals because most of the top CA teams play in it, and top teams from across the country want to play the best of the best.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2012
PGF Nationals certainly gets attention from a lot of college coaches, but not sure any of their other tournaments do....the field at PGF Nationals is probably stronger top to bottom than other nationals because most of the top CA teams play in it, and top teams from across the country want to play the best of the best.

Not sure about anywhere else, but PGF NQ are packed with college coaches here in the MidWest.

Jul 26, 2016
Know a kid in top 15 who we wouldn't have use as an emergency pickup.
That's 100% propaganda money maker BS and means nothing pretty much besides a popularity contest.

Nov 18, 2013
The ranking is far from an exact science, but it's a stretch to say the kids aren't any good. Sounds like jealousy to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut