First time 12u Dad from WA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2023
My daughter is 10 and playing on a young 12u tournament team. This was a decision that was made as half of the girls on the 10u team would have to jump up to 12u this coming Spring. We come from a small town and little league was just not that great of a challenge anymore. The team just had our first tournament and WOW…we have a lot of work to do. Will definitely be a learning a lot this Fall and sharpening skills throughout this Winter. The speed of the game has definitely picked up. I am a parent and looking forward to helping my daughter with the skills she needs to be successful at 12u. Currently she is lacking confidence at the plate with these faster pitchers. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2019
My daughter is 10 and playing on a young 12u tournament team. This was a decision that was made as half of the girls on the 10u team would have to jump up to 12u this coming Spring. We come from a small town and little league was just not that great of a challenge anymore. The team just had our first tournament and WOW…we have a lot of work to do. Will definitely be a learning a lot this Fall and sharpening skills throughout this Winter. The speed of the game has definitely picked up. I am a parent and looking forward to helping my daughter with the skills she needs to be successful at 12u. Currently she is lacking confidence at the plate with these faster pitchers. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome aboard...lot's of helpful members and useful information here to spend hours and hours reading!

Nov 2, 2021
Hello Pvandatta,

I have used this forum for a lot of the questions I have had over the years. I was a long-time lurker but I post the odd question or comment. Let the search function be your friend and jump in if you have any input. None of us is as smart as all of us.

Your friendly Canadian.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Hello and welcome. Having trouble with faster pitching? The only way imo to learn how to hit velo is to see velo. Hopefully you have access to a good pitching machine. Machine should be around 33 to 35 feet away. Turn it up to 65 mph (I know it's 12u) and just have her stand in the box and track the ball for 10 or 12 pitches. Next turn it down to 57-58 and have her try bunting always starting from her normal batting stance. I like both hands together up the around the bats connector. Turn it down a little if she struggles. Turn it down to 52- 53 and she should be able to hit it. Also when feeding the pitching machine hold a ball in each hand and mimic a windmill motion and try to make it look like a pitcher.
Confidence? Sue Enquist paraphase, if you have put in the work during the week you have earned the right to be confident on the weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles