First showcase - need a profile?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
Reminder that parents should not be the ones handing out flyers/information sheets to the college coaches. You can have them hanging in a folder near the dugout, or have a non-parent coach/parent of an already committed player hand them out, but not the parent of a "recruitable" player.

Generally i would agree. But we had two parents that did the talking to coaches. In the case the college coach was interested in of the two parent's kid there was an "unbiased" backup.But there were times I had to talk to coaches about my daughter, just keep it on a professional level and there are no problems. Our responsibility was basically "Hi coach I am John Doe with the California Dreamers. Here is a copy of our teams profile and I can answer any questions you may have about any of the girls.". Where needing info on a specific girl? If he/she had questions you would answer them. If they were personable and wanted to talk you carried on a conversation. If they didn't you left them alone. You usually know what coaches are interested in which girl ahead of time if your dd is sending her emails and making phone calls. Pretty simple for a parent to do it, a little used car salesman in your blood doesn't hurt either. lol

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Captain U sent me an email notification that a coach had seen ME play in a recent showcase. At the time DD was a sophomore in college.