Finally getting somewhere

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Had started a thread called "last chance", trying to get some input on why my daughters velocity was so low. She's a old 16, throwing high 40's low 50's. After much discussion no real breakthrough on the video, some suggesting a switch to IR. Well googled IR instructors in midwest, a name popped up skip ball out of frankfort, il. Called him and at least he was familiar with terms "hello elbow" and "IR". While he calls it "wrist pronation", basically releasing the ball in a more natural motion.....NOT hello elbow! Any how he's a pitcher, pitched his whole life. Amazing lesson, after a video breakdown of her mechanics shows us several major flows in delivery. To say the least , basically changing everything. He has a 6 position pitching system. I'm sure that's not revolutionary, but in some of the positions my daughters body wasn't in the right position. He makes a folder for each girl with assigned drills, offseason lifting regime, mph reading for each lesson. Taking her mph reading she was having a slow day, he clocked her at 48. Stopped and said I gotta make a couple quick changes that will get you to 50 anyhow....10 minutes of instruction comes back....clocks her at 51!!! You as a parent try to unlock the potential in your kid and when you finally get that instructor that will get a radar gun out show he's adding velocity due to poor mechanics....that's rewarding!! I think we NOW have the guy that will get her velocity up! MORE TO COME...just day 1!! I will be posting a new video of her mechanics and mph readings at a later date! Many encouraged DONT give up and I think today was the fruit of just continuing on that journey of being a pitcher! Thank you all for the encouragement!

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Great to hear! Stick with it and best of luck to your DD..... She sounds like she's in good hands and lucky to have you looking for the best for her.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I am so happy to hear that you have found someone knowledgeable who can get her to achieve her true potential:) Please keep us posted- been down the same road ourselves!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06