Finally beating that "One" team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
In our case there are actually 2 or 3 of them but this is one of the ones we had just not been able to beat all year . Our girls were starting to get a few snide comments from a few of their girls who were feeling pretty cocky . Well today was the day we got to send them packing while we move on in the tournament . The girls played GREAT just like we always knew they could and it was a great battle .

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
Know what you mean.
We have another 16u team in our org. They constantly talk about how they would mercy my DD's team. Its been going on for a few years too. Well, last week we got to prove it on the field. Lets just say both teams came ready. Pretty clean game all in all but my DD's team won 17-15. My dd's team put up 21 hits on them.
Before the start of play, the other teams coach told the ump, it will be a short day for you, this game will be over in 5 innings. Didn't really work out for them so well.

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
Know what you mean.
We have another 16u team in our org. They constantly talk about how they would mercy my DD's team. Its been going on for a few years too. Well, last week we got to prove it on the field. Lets just say both teams came ready. Pretty clean game all in all but my DD's team won 17-15. My dd's team put up 21 hits on them.
Before the start of play, the other teams coach told the ump, it will be a short day for you, this game will be over in 5 innings. Didn't really work out for them so well.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Our girls were starting to get a few snide comments from a few of their girls who were feeling pretty cocky

For the most part I think the Players can work it out themselves, it is the coaches/ parents comments that you overhear drive me nuts.

Good for your Team bring them back to earth and a solid win.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
A few years ago there was a team in neighboring town that we just couldn't seem to get past. They were a nice team and pretty well coached, but I always thought we were a little better. Somehow, though, we couldn't quite manage to find a way to win.

Then one day at 14U it finally happened. We beat that team for the first time, and from that point forward they were never an issue again. We still had good games, but we always came out on top. Still, nothing quite matched that first win.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I believe this was a great breakthrough psychologically for our girls. We had lost to them in our first game of the tournament but managed to beat them soundly on day 3. Our girls learned that they could run with the big dogs and that the other teams pitcher was only human.

Mar 8, 2012
I believe this was a great breakthrough psychologically for our girls. We had lost to them in our first game of the tournament but managed to beat them soundly on day 3. Our girls learned that they could run with the big dogs and that the other teams pitcher was only human.

That is so true for both team and individual psychology.

During my DD's first year of TB she struggled. Then during the first game of the 5th tourney of the season she faced the same pitcher that struck her out for her first AB in TB. She ended up grounding out in the AB after 12 pitches and she couldn't have been happier. She runs up to me in the dugout and exclaims "I can hit her! I can hit Maddie!". The light went on for her that she could run with big dogs in TB and never looked backed. She went from benchwarming to starting and batting 2nd over the course of that tourney.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar