Even the losers are happy in college softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
Seems like college softball is the only sport where the losing team is smiling, dancing around the dugout and acting silly even when down 10-0. I don’t understand the lack of seriousness and the desire to win at that level. I see girls making throwing errors, striking out and in the dugout they’re all smiles and singing songs. So bizarre!

Dec 11, 2010
It is fake.

It is a requirement by the coaches to present the team a certain way.

College softball is difficult. It is exhausting. The travel alone will wear most down. And the b.s. that these coaches put their players through is part of what is wrong with college softball. And the players hate it. And they hate losing.

If you are a coach of a tb team, understand that enthusiasm doesn’t win softball games. Suzy doesn’t muff a ground ball because the bench wasn’t loud or enthusiastic enough. The bench should be engaged but eff that chanting, eff that singing.

Current in college dd is lucky. Her coaches don‘t believe in that stuff. The best tb team she was on didn’t either. Play softball. Be engaged. Love the game. You don’t need to chant to love the game.

Older former player dd was placed in charge of beating on a bucket like a drum. Total b.s.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hate to say this but everything about my DD’s college experience was fake and miserable, starting with and especially the cult leading head coach! And that little worldwide shutdown definitely didn’t help! Probably should stop now…

Jun 8, 2016
Why?!....just....WHY??!!...
It was 1994. There were a lot of things that went on back then that nobody complained about
that wouldn't fly (rightfully so) now..For example I had a temper and would have outbursts so he nicknamed me Tourette.
There was another time where a discussion started amongst the team, which he was involved in, about the first time everybody had sex. I wasn't "experienced" yet so that was pretty embarrassing for me.

He was a good baseball coach but he wasn't a good coach for me and the way I was. One of the reasons I only lasted through less than 1.5 seasons 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi