End Cap Repair

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 1, 2021
My daughters end cap came out of her Demarini Prism this weekend. The bat is not under warranty and has not been altered. Does anyone recommend any type of epoxy or adhesive to use to put this back in with? Thanks.

Mar 1, 2013
Technically, that bat is done and cannot be used due to the damage. It is currently an "illegal bat". If you glue it back in, it becomes an "altered bat" and carries those penalties.

That said, it also falls under the "who's gonna know" category if you reattach it correctly and cleanly.

Jul 1, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of everything. I am just asking for the best type of epoxy or adhesive to use to secure it. Thanks.

Mar 1, 2013
All good. If I were going to repair my batting practice/cage bat, I've heard SP players discuss gorilla glue for similar procedures.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Marine epoxy was recommended to me by a certain member of this community who knows a few things about bats. If asked, I would completely deny successfully reinstalling an end cap using that product.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I work on golf clubs. The epoxy I use to glue a shaft to a head should be plenty strong enough. Just use a 2500 lbs two part epoxy.
Don’t use too much, you don’t want any excess breaking off and causing a rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 3, 2013
Make sure you load the bat with bouncy-balls or cork before you glue it into place. What, 30+ years too late on that joke?

Bat manufacturers are notoriously sloppy, often leaving excess material on the inner surface of the barrel. A smart consumer would remove a layer or two of said material before replacing the end cap.

Jun 26, 2019
Slow setting fusor made by lord adhesives would be my first choice, but it can be hard to find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad