Elbow guard recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2021
My daughter 14U, finally caught a fast one right on the elbow this weekend. Bruised but OK. Never have bought a elbow guard and most stores close to me do not carry them. So I need to order.....whats a good brand?? one size fits all?? Should we buy a shin guard also? thanks for your suggestions....

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Evoshield and G-Form are two very popular brands. Evoshield is very good because of the gel-to-shell technology, but they are a bit more pricey. Rawlings and Champro also make them. Both are good brands and will do the job. We prefer Evoshield because the fit is usually better because of the gel-to-shell, but all will afford a good amount of protection.

Feb 14, 2019
My daughter 14U, finally caught a fast one right on the elbow this weekend. Bruised but OK. Never have bought a elbow guard and most stores close to me do not carry them. So I need to order.....whats a good brand?? one size fits all?? Should we buy a shin guard also? thanks for your suggestions....
DD and DS both use G-Form elbow guards and prefer them over Evoshield. They've each taken some hard shots with them and the guards have always protected them.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD uses Evo shield. She usually leads her teams in HBP. Based on her trajectory, she will break her school's career record for HBP. 90% of the hits are on the evo shield. Highly recommend every batter to wear one.

Sep 28, 2021
so..EVO offers a adult size and youth size ......DD is 5,4 135 pds and built stout and stocky. What one should I buy to make sure it fits???

guessing an adult size?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi