Easton Mako gear?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm glad you found something that works well for your DD. What other gear did you try? What were the deciding factors for the Wilson gear?

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Monkey Sports carries the largest selection of "Fastpitch Softball" catchers gear. They carry 4 different All-star sets about 5 or 6 Easton sets, a couple Mizuno sets. I wasn't a big fan of how the Mizuno Samurai set fit on DD. I figured Easton Mako was the Easton's top of the line set but I wasn't impressed with the overall padding. I liked the All-star 7 set but DD and DW didn't like it. The padding and the way the Wilson Promotion set was just the best out of all others. I really liked the stretchy vent material on the side of the padding and how the padding overlaps. DD is on the larger side and i could only find Adult 17" chest protectors but wilson has a 16.5" chest protector that just fit perfect

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Sweet got the leg guards today and after adjusting them on DD the look and fit awesome. Can't wait to get the chest protector. It should come in the mail some time next week (bought the legs and chest protector from 2 different online vendors to get the best possible prices). Im overly excited and it's going to be a long week for me. Now DW has me looking into the Shock FX helmet. I started down this road and now I have to see it through

FYI, paid $65 with shipping for the Fastpitch Intermediate 14" Leg guards on Amazon and $60 for the Fastpitch Adult size 16.5" chest protector on EBay

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06