Early enrollment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Does her scholarship money start then?

That is my understanding, but I need to clarify with the coach. The coaches also told us that they like to use percentages for scholarships - if tuition increases during the 4 years the percentage will not change.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We were told that if BB started early, her scholarship money would not start then. Also, we had the same agreement on percentage money. I don't think BB's athletic scholarship money increased much at all in 4 years.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
DD was told that she is welcome to begin in the summer, but it is not required and her softball and academic scholarship monies do not apply to summer school. She is going small D2 school. It is a long drive from home, so DD is planning to spend summer at home with her friends for one last summer.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Is the college coach against players playing TB in the summer if they are still eligible?

On the contrary. They want them doing something. They may be told to get to campus and get busy. They may want them to play for their old TB team. They may suggest that they contact the HC of a specific TB team and go play for them. They do not want them sitting on their butt doing nothing and enjoying the summer. The ones that squander their time in the summer are often the players that are back at home by Thanksgiving. :)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
On the contrary. They want them doing something. They may be told to get to campus and get busy. They may want them to play for their old TB team. They may suggest that they contact the HC of a specific TB team and go play for them. They do not want them sitting on their butt doing nothing and enjoying the summer. The ones that squander their time in the summer are often the players that are back at home by Thanksgiving. :)

Not to mention the stories you hear about players who show up in the Fall out of shape and are in for a VERY rude awakening!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The parents indicated that she will be going to summer school too.

When you calculate how much money you spend on TB in July you might find that summer school is a cheaper option! In July our TB team could go to CO for the IDT, Kansas City for the USA Elite, and Huntington Beach for PGF...

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
When you calculate how much money you spend on TB in July you might find that summer school is a cheaper option! In July our TB team could go to CO for the IDT, Kansas City for the USA Elite, and Huntington Beach for PGF...

No kidding right? In looking at our upcoming summer schedule we might luck out a bit. Unfortunately, hotels at the IDT are $219/night. Seeing that TCS Nats are in Austin this year and I hear that the JO cup might be in Austin(allegedly) as well, I consider myself somewhat lucky in the travel dept. Anyone hear anything different about the JO Cup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12