E-Scoring Apps: ISCORE vs. GAMECHANGER?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
We are sold on IScore. We have won some games using the hit patterns of teams and players we have faced over the years . Plus stats are great and its so easy to use.

Nov 20, 2012
South Florida
I use both and I find gamechanger easier yet limited. I am not an expert on gamechanger but I have not figured out how to edit a game after it is complete.
Iscore seems more powerful and the pitch tracking could be useful. They both keep spray charts which allows you to see tendencies of hitters. I imagine this is more useful in iscore as you can know what pitch they hit where (are they pulling or just hitting the ball where it is pitched etc.).
I also personally prefer the online interface of gamechanger.
Just my humble opinion

May 13, 2013
what devices do you guys use ? Have you had any issues with the screen visibility in the sunlight ? What about battery life?

Mar 18, 2013
what devices do you guys use ? Have you had any issues with the screen visibility in the sunlight ? What about battery life?

I use iScore on an iPad. Daylight visibility is not a serious issue. I am comfortable scoring up to 4 games on a full charge as long as the wifi radio is turned off.

Dec 2, 2012

I use an iPad Mini and expect to get four 90-minute games scored before needing a charge. That being said, I keep a charger in my bag and use it between games if possible. Reducing screen backlighting when possible is the single biggest help I've found to extend battery life. Even a small reduction in backlighting intensity seems to have a big impact.

Changing the "skin" within the iScore App from dark to light background helps when reading the screen in direct sunlight

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I score on my Iphone to send out upates and can only score 2 full games and a partial 3. I have a Mophie charging case that when turned on will let me finish the 3rd plus 2 more games. This is with 1/2 inning tweets and Smart battery setting server updates, ie real time play by play.

Mar 13, 2010
I will charge in between if at all possible. I haven tried turning off WiFi or using lower brightness. This is on my iPad. WL, usually get two games.

58sdad

Only Slightly OCD..
Mar 28, 2013
Upstate NY
I love and adore iscore.. but i still score the games on paper and enter it into iscore after the fact.. i just would hate to lose anything because of a glitch.. whether it be a crash, battery, etc.. plus there is that weird play that you have to go back to between pitches to fill in the details.. can't do that with any app that doesn't involve a pencil..

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I too keep a paper backup and am glad. There have been times where I had trouble scoring an intricate play but couldn't get the ump to go ahead and take the TV timeout. I wished I could get another parent to keep the paper book but I always get a "I don't know how" when I bring it up. I think the kids on the bench should have to do it.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
We didn't keep a paper book this year in high school and didn't have any issues. I have been doing this for 12 years and I just wish I had it back then. What we really like in high school is you might see the same kid two or three times a year . It is easy to bring up past history. What Rod4519 mentioned makes this easy to track.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12