Drive Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
What I simply told DD was no more walk up warm ups... thats for starting P's. These two are taking its place. She knew "walk ups" would be illegal if she did it in a game.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Someone once posted how to print out this thread via Google Docs..... I did and have it as a bible. Thinking of having it leather bond with the title gold embossed. Might need it autographed.

I like reading differing opinions on this board because it serves multiple purposes:
1. Challenges our thinking to ensure we are accepting the best verses just accepting
2. Sometimes sparks us to think of different "terminology" in order to explain things..... we often "debate" about the same thing because we use different words to describe them.
3. It reminds me who I want to follow and who I do not want to follow
4. It also reminds me how to NOT post comments
5. Provides humor... annoying at times but humor overall.

I like the ability to ignore too.

May 6, 2013
San Antonio TX.
KK 2step update

KK is barely touching (almost hovering) the plate as she slides her foot across. She still needs to drive more linear but we are working on it.

HighMajesticBison.gif

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Try ignore, it really works. I have found my DFP experience greatly enhanced by ignoring just two posters.
The problem with ignore is, you don't see when someone is giving crap advice and you don't know who may be reading. A new parent or student or ....

Someone knowledgable has to know when crap is being posted. I understand why you'd want to ignore it, but if it's not replied to, then someone may actually believe it.

Mar 24, 2014
Anybody using the softball power drive? If so, do you use it for drills, the entire lesson, etc. Looks like a good tool to instill good muscle memory.

May 6, 2013
San Antonio TX.
I bought the softball power drive several years ago and ended up letting another parent borrow it for their HE DD pitcher. I think doing the push back drill will help more.

Anybody using the softball power drive? If so, do you use it for drills, the entire lesson, etc. Looks like a good tool to instill good muscle memory.

Jun 18, 2010
I bought the softball power drive several years ago and ended up letting another parent borrow it for their HE DD pitcher. I think doing the push back drill will help more.

I agree 100%. We used it a couple of times, had JS's drive mechanics thread been around a few years ago could have saved me some $$$s.

Mar 24, 2014

Don't understand why HE style is referenced in this post. Amanda Scarborough recommends this product, visit Girls Softball Fastpitch Softball Training Aid - Softball Power Drive. We are doing the push drill but for pitching was wondering if that was a good product to enforce correct muscle memory? Yes it does cost a lot but in the overall marathon of pitching lessons, cost of lessons, etc, this might be a good product to use. I was thinking about getting my buddy to split the cost and share this power drive if we decided to get it.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Don't understand why HE style is referenced in this post. Amanda Scarborough recommends this product, visit Girls Softball Fastpitch Softball Training Aid - Softball Power Drive. We are doing the push drill but for pitching was wondering if that was a good product to enforce correct muscle memory? Yes it does cost a lot but in the overall marathon of pitching lessons, cost of lessons, etc, this might be a good product to use. I was thinking about getting my buddy to split the cost and share this power drive if we decided to get it.

Personally, it have had no desire to purchase one of these things. And, I'm a bit baffled by the appeal of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32